At 7:45am I went out with (3) 18yo boys, one of whom we share ownership of the boat with his family. Time to show them how to catch walleyes.

We made 2 drifts from 33 fow towards lakewood park into 22 fow. Only 3 sheep and a white perch to show for it. I offered to show them how to troll and they agreed. Captain turned on motor and headed north ish at 2mph as I showed the other 2 how to setup, harness on BB one side and spoon on BB other both flatlined. We picked up a 19 inch eye in less than 10 minutes on the harness. Marks were mostly low here out to 33 fow. I started to set up 2 Lite Bite divers on one side with one harness and one spoon 6 setting at 70 feet and 3 setting at 50 feet. We picked up another keeper on the LB with harness in 15 minutes. We kept trolling North and I set up a 40jet with harness on board and a bare naked fire tiger RR on board on the other side. Some good sized marks are showing up 15-20 feet below surface.

Now we are running six lines and pick up a short. Kept going out to 45 fow and picked another keeper. Our biggest of day at 23 inches on the harness off board. It gets quiet for 20 minutes so I ask captain to turn around and fish back to Lakewood park. We only have an hour left at this point. We picked up 2 more keepers and 3 shorts plus one sheephead. Left for home at 11:30 with 5 in box between 17-23 inches, 4 more shorts with 2 of those being at 15 inches. Harnesses caught 4 keepers and another on RR. Spoons didn't catch a keeper.

The boys were planning the fish fry for the night and asking me cooking advice. We got back to dock and captain helped me clean fish while other 2 cleaned the boat. They were all thankful and I am too. This might become a tradition for us.

Rickerd