Good day at Lorain Good day at Lorain Good day at Lorain Good day at Lorain
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good day at Lorain

Two of us left Oasis Marina at 8 yesterday under a threatening sky. Almost no other boats in sight. Set up trolling with the wind about a mile and a half NW of the lighthouse in 41 feet where we saw good marks. Got nothing in the first half hour until we got into 50 foot where we starting catching nice fish, most on stingers. Bite got quick and steady with few shorts and not much junk. Shut it down and started casting 2-hook worm harnesses with #4 gold blade. Got a fish on almost every cast. Suicide bite. Never got wet either. Great day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good day at Lorain

Nice job and thank you for sharing!!. I'm headed to Ashtabula right now. Will post results from today and tomorrow. Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish alone today out of Lorain. Didn't get out until 9. Weather was way too nice, light west wind, bright sun, no chop. Went out 2 1/2 miles to East edge of the dump where the boats were. Casted worms into nice marks in 50 feet and got nothing in 30 minutes. No wind. Set up 2 dipseys and a Magnum 44 straight back with 2 Oz. got a nice one, dipsey at 30 feet with antifreeze spoon got 1 or 2 keepers. Went to Bomber A and picked up 4 nice fish to finish at noon. Lots of "almost" shorts. Green algae bloom was evident. Tough day for me but Baumhart Rd. cleaners were busy.

Post Thanks / Like

I got 12 yesterday but had to fish almost all day to do it. I picked away and threw back many shorts. Some bandits some on spoons. Had many bites on the one spinner I was running on a tripZ 40 at 100 feet back. Gotta tie some with treble stingers. Many stolen worms and a couple came off. Maybe tougher to hook up at 2.25-2.5 with spinners. It had more bites than any other line though and a few good fish.