Chagrin River Chagrin River Chagrin River Chagrin River

Thread: Chagrin River

1. Default Chagrin River

Sunday evening I took the wife out for some laid back fishing and decided to try our luck in the Chagrin. I know its late in the season for Steelhead, but we thought we'd give it a shot. I was marking major quatities of fish in the deeper holes and we tried the usual Steelhead techniques (jigs/maggots, spoons, etc.). After catching a few of the fish on the screen and having several more jump close to the boat, I discovered they weren't Steelhead at all but CATFISH. My wife hooked a monster on a bobber and minnow that took 20 minutes to land.

Does anyone have any information on Catfish activity in the Chagrin (or other Lake Erie tributaries) this time of year?

Capt. Willy Guest

Default Lake erie catfish

The Catfish are fun to catch as I have also caught a couple. I read some where like OHDR site that you can not eat those as they have a lot of bad
    chemicals in them.
    They sure put up a nice fight. I caught mine in the lake at the mouth of the Chagrin River.
    Good luck.
    Bill.

3. Default

The lake was rough yesterday, so we fished the Chagrin again and caught several more catfish. The best method seems to be drifting a minnow about 6' under a bobber. The fish ranged between 16-28 inches, and they were a blast to catch. Its a good alternative on those windy days when the lake is a mess.