Edgewater Walleye Bash Edgewater Walleye Bash Edgewater Walleye Bash Edgewater Walleye Bash

Default Edgewater Walleye Bash

Edgewater Walleye Bash 6/30
    Last night I took out a friend and his grandson soon to be in the Navy and another friend. We started at 6pm left RR. Headed to 35fow then went east to Winton Place. I didn't mark any big enough fish so I headed towards the crib.

I started marking fish in 46fow. 2.2-2.6mph with wind. Turned West at 53fow and kept triangle path in the area rest of night. Trolled 3 hrs for 2 tickets of 17-23 inchers. Meat caught most above the bottom but stick baits caught 3 and the 2 biggest fish. They were 100 back with 3oz weight 6 ft in front for Reefrunner and bandit unassisted 100 back. Purple harness with hatchet blade on BB caught half the fish.

Purple color was king. Spoons on divers caught more keepers but also a few smalls. Only 2 WP and 3 spikes. We threw back another ticket of 15-16 inchers. We were 2.2-2.6mph with wind and 1.7-2.2 into wind. Current under was slightly different then the wind as evidenced by my divers not sinking right. Once we headed NNW, it worked itself out. That direction was the best with winds SW.

Rickerd

Thumbs up Re: Edgewater Walleye Bash

Quote Originally Posted by rickerd View Post
    Edgewater Walleye Bash 6/30
    Last night I took out a friend and his grandson soon to be in the Navy and another friend. We started at 6pm left RR. Headed to 35fow then went east to Winton Place. I didn't mark any big enough fish so I headed towards the crib.

I started marking fish in 46fow. 2.2-2.6mph with wind. Turned West at 53fow and kept triangle path in the area rest of night. Trolled 3 hrs for 2 tickets of 17-23 inchers. Meat caught most above the bottom but stick baits caught 3 and the 2 biggest fish. They were 100 back with 3oz weight 6 ft in front for Reefrunner and bandit unassisted 100 back. Purple harness with hatchet blade on BB caught half the fish.

Purple color was king. Spoons on divers caught more keepers but also a few smalls. Only 2 WP and 3 spikes. We threw back another ticket of 15-16 inchers. We were 2.2-2.6mph with wind and 1.7-2.2 into wind. Current under was slightly different then the wind as evidenced by my divers not sinking right. Once we headed NNW, it worked itself out. That direction was the best with winds SW.

Rickerd
    Excellent report! Nice job, that area has been hot!