Hot Waters 6/3 Hot Waters 6/3 Hot Waters 6/3 Hot Waters 6/3

Thread: Hot Waters 6/3

Default Hot Waters 6/3

On the water at day break. 1 man Limit by 745. Could have done it faster but set a 17" minimum since the rods were going non stop from first drop. It was crazy busy for a solo guy. Lots and lots of shorts and 15-16" range. 18 to 30 FOW. Lorain to Beaver. Dipsies on a 3 setting 55 to 72 back. Stingers, small and large in Monkey Puke and chicken wing and copper watermelon that's all I tried. Speed 2 to 3mph was all hitting. Drifted for fun after that and picked up several more(all threw back healthy) on bottom bounces and harness as well as Erie Deary plus a bunch of catfish. Actually caught larger fish in the 20"+ range drifting vs. Trolling. There are fish everywhere and you don't have to burn a bunch of gas to find them. We've been hitting them from Lorain to Vermilion to Huron regularly from shallow to 42FOW. Gonna switch over to Cleveland area next weekend I think for bigger class of fish.

Thumbs up Re: Hot Waters 6/3

Quote Originally Posted by shawkhuntr View Post
    On the water at day break. 1 man Limit by 745. Could have done it faster but set a 17" minimum since the rods were going non stop from first drop. It was crazy busy for a solo guy. Lots and lots of shorts and 15-16" range. 18 to 30 FOW. Lorain to Beaver. Dipsies on a 3 setting 55 to 72 back. Stingers, small and large in Monkey Puke and chicken wing and copper watermelon that's all I tried. Speed 2 to 3mph was all hitting. Drifted for fun after that and picked up several more(all threw back healthy) on bottom bounces and harness as well as Erie Deary plus a bunch of catfish. Actually caught larger fish in the 20"+ range drifting vs. Trolling. There are fish everywhere and you don't have to burn a bunch of gas to find them. We've been hitting them from Lorain to Vermilion to Huron regularly from shallow to 42FOW. Gonna switch over to Cleveland area next weekend I think for bigger class of fish.
    Nice report.