Edgewater again Edgewater again Edgewater again Edgewater again

Thread: Edgewater again

Default Edgewater again

launched at 4, not many trailers in the lot. Fished 35-50 ft. with 40 the hot depth like last week. Same area, gold coast but went a little further west this time trolling stick baits. Shallow Bandit on board 50/50 was the hot one. Purple back, blue body & chart belly with silver herring bone. White translucent Rapala pulled a few and so did a perch p10. Nothing on green today which was the hot color last week. Did not matter what direction we trolled but speed was critical at 1.5-1.8. Ended with 11 but should of got a lot more. Marks everywhere with MANY huge bait balls everywhere also. My buddies are lazy and won't use boards, just got them to finally use weights, they are lazy. Just want to throw something out and sit down and smoke a cig.. smh. That is why I caught 9 and together they caught 2. Happens all the time, maybe someday they will help me figure out the pattern but I always end up doing it by myself while they sit there! lol They are my buddies so whatever makes them happy, it's just fishin! Had a blast, they are there!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Edgewater again

Nice going! I was out there this morning and we fished just west of Rocky River east to near E. 9th. We covered water from 25ft deep to 45ft along with about 24 boats in the RR area and 30 boats over east, with more boats scattered in between, on the reefs, and all the regular spots. nothing, the only thing we saw anyone pull out of the water were planer boards.

Default Re: Edgewater again

Quote Originally Posted by bobj View Post
    Nice going! I was out there this morning and we fished just west of Rocky River east to near E. 9th. We covered water from 25ft deep to 45ft along with about 24 boats in the RR area and 30 boats over east, with more boats scattered in between, on the reefs, and all the regular spots. nothing, the only thing we saw anyone pull out of the water were planer boards.
    Sucks that you didnt get any, The fish we caught that day were up high, I mean 3 to 10 ft below the surface. In the bright sun with light wind, kind of crazy. The week before we caught everything deep. I like to start with a shallow on boards, a mid depth with weights and a deep diver with or w/out weight. Then go from there and adjust. Same with colors, different patterns until I can zero in there preferences. You HAVE to experiment and change up until you figure it out. Some days it doesnt matter, just depends. As the water warms and the fish move east they will start moving deeper too. I will start fishing harnesses in a couple/ few weeks as the water warms. Good luck!