Fishing Report Fishing Report Fishing Report Fishing Report

Thread: Fishing Report

Default Fishing Report

Not sure why there arent any reports in the central LE section ever, you guys must all be out west. Anyways, Sunday,5/1/22 fished gold coast, 32-42 ft trolling deep diving sticks, a mix of different types, p10,rapalas,rattling rogues, reef runners, bombers, etc. caught most on rogues, then a bomber then reef runner caught a few. 3 man limit from 3:30 till 7:30. All on green/firetiger except the reef which was purple demon caught 2. We were chased of when a lightning storm passed over head and the rods started humming LOUD! This is the 3rd time it has happened to me and this time scared the biden out of me! We left in a hurry! Thank God there was no strike on our boat!! BE CAREFUL IN STORMS!!!!~!

Default Re: Fishing Report

Went out of Huron Sunday afternoon with my new boat on her maiden voyage for a few hours. Only went to about 38 feet as it was less than ideal conditions. Lol only 3 trucks in the lot including mine….Picked up 4 keepers Bandits back 110’ speed 1.8 into the waves. Had zero takers trolling with the waves so mixed it up and went into them and got 4 in about 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecapper View Post
    Not sure why there arent any reports in the central LE section ever, you guys must all be out west. Anyways, Sunday,5/1/22 fished gold coast, 32-42 ft trolling deep diving sticks, a mix of different types, p10,rapalas,rattling rogues, reef runners, bombers, etc. caught most on rogues, then a bomber then reef runner caught a few. 3 man limit from 3:30 till 7:30. All on green/firetiger except the reef which was purple demon caught 2. We were chased of when a lightning storm passed over head and the rods started humming LOUD! This is the 3rd time it has happened to me and this time scared the biden out of me! We left in a hurry! Thank God there was no strike on our boat!! BE CAREFUL IN STORMS!!!!~!
    Fished out of vermilion saturday morning 8:30-12. I caught 12 keepers ranging 17-21". I am a drift fisherman who dabbles in some jigging. Most fish were caught in 28 ft of water using a gold blade with green beads. I have had luck with worm harnesses earlier than normal this year as I could not get a jig bite going. The fish were on the bottom and it was a very light bite. Appreciate the post in the central basin!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee's Lads View Post
    Fished out of vermilion saturday morning 8:30-12. I caught 12 keepers ranging 17-21". I am a drift fisherman who dabbles in some jigging. Most fish were caught in 28 ft of water using a gold blade with green beads. I have had luck with worm harnesses earlier than normal this year as I could not get a jig bite going. The fish were on the bottom and it was a very light bite. Appreciate the post in the central basin!
    Nice! I prefer to drift and cast but thought it was too early for worms and not much of a jig guy. Will have to try them next time out. Thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkeeferg View Post
    Went out of Huron Sunday afternoon with my new boat on her maiden voyage for a few hours. Only went to about 38 feet as it was less than ideal conditions. Lol only 3 trucks in the lot including mine….Picked up 4 keepers Bandits back 110’ speed 1.8 into the waves. Had zero takers trolling with the waves so mixed it up and went into them and got 4 in about 45 minutes.
    Nice report! Hope the new boat ran well for you. I bought mine new last yr and have a few minor issues with it but the dealer is working those out. We were running 1.3 to 2.5 with 1.7 or so the best speed. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by whitecapper View Post
    Nice report! Hope the new boat ran well for you. I bought mine new last yr and have a few minor issues with it but the dealer is working those out. We were running 1.3 to 2.5 with 1.7 or so the best speed. Good luck!
    Appreciate it! So far so good, got a Duckworth 21 Discovery and it is night and day handling the waves versus my old Tracker 165 lol. A couple things to figure out as well but pretty much to be expected with a new boat. Now we just need the weather to cooperate a little…..

My boy and I set up in 40 fow straight out of Vermilion last night around 6pm. Chop was not ideal, but we wanted to give it a whirl. Had one taker immediately 100 back blue chrome bandit. This was in our usual honey hole. No takers for the next half hour with waves building to at least 4's. Didn't feel like getting tossed around any longer in the 18' smoker, so we called it and headed in. The eyes are there, most marks from 20' on down to the bottom.