East 72nd Friday - Any Reports/Tips East 72nd Friday - Any Reports/Tips East 72nd Friday - Any Reports/Tips East 72nd Friday - Any Reports/Tips

Default East 72nd Friday - Any Reports/Tips

Heading up to Gordon Park this Friday. Tried a couple weeks ago and only netted one 19” walleye. Anyone having luck with a program out of CLE?

Default Re: East 72nd Friday - Any Reports/Tips

Hey it’s about that time. Drifting fishing for walleye produces well in June. Nice to not have all that gear on the line, then the trolling method is best for July August.
    Seems like a slower start this year. I am considering going out of Edgewater launch to be closer to the intake crib and off the Gold Coast. That’s usually the area that heats up first.

Quote Originally Posted by teamcambier View Post
    Heading up to Gordon Park this Friday. Tried a couple weeks ago and only netted one 19” walleye. Anyone having luck with a program out of CLE?

Quote Originally Posted by C_fish View Post
    Hey it’s about that time. Drifting fishing for walleye produces well in June. Nice to not have all that gear on the line, then the trolling method is best for July August.
    Seems like a slower start this year. I am considering going out of Edgewater launch to be closer to the intake crib and off the Gold Coast. That’s usually the area that heats up first.

Hey thanks! I grew up drifting and will definitely try that approach. I did get an update that 52 FOW was doing well with stick baits on a 2 ounce inline weight at 50, 80, and 100 feet back. Color was white with a red head. Plan to try that as well. Speed was between 1.7-2.0. Hope that helps.

I will post an update after I get out.

Got 8 today, threw 2 small ones back. Had to go to 60-65 fow to get decent marks. Used dipseys and spoons only. Got nothing on stickbaits. Pink panties and another with a yellow back and pink spotted front got the fish for me. Was anywhere between 90-120 back with the mid sized dipseys, which I think is a one. Was out northeast of the crib quite a bit. Lots of bait balls and walleye marking. Very little marks in 50-52 fow. Several guys on the radio talking about finding good fish In the 60-65 fow range. I tried in-line weights and flat lining and had no luck. Some guys did well with that type of program, but not me. The fish are out there, just might need to head a bit deeper. Good luck!

Insect repellant needed.
    went out of Gordon Saturday 6-5-21
    Both Flies and Gnats bit me up
    only caught 4
    3 at 47-51 FOW
    1 at 61 FOW
    22-24"
    wind kicked up around 7 P.M. landed 2 in 30 Minutes lost 1 at Boat
    only saw 7 boats inside 67 FOW
    all others must have been out in middle of lake
    those bigger boats were there before I got there at 10 A.M. and still there at 9 P.M. when I left

Thanks Teamcambier for the 6/5 post. Caught 7 this pm ( Sunday Night) in 62-65 ft. of water. Spoons with #3 Tadpole divers 100 ft. back,( monkey puke,and another purple with copper back) also brown thundersticks 100 ft back. Finished out a 2 man limit after dark on the break wall trolling thundersticks,and stike king #5 xd`s. They were from 17" to 26' long. Got back to ramp about 11:30 ,big bust of some kind. Dnr boat brought another big boat lashed gunwale to gunwale. The DNR Guys and Local Police were waiting at ramp for them. Would be curious to know what that was about if anyone finds out?

Thanks, Doug and TC for the report. I appreciate the time you take to write.
    I plan on going out in a week or so.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bona Nova View Post
    Thanks Teamcambier for the 6/5 post. Caught 7 this pm ( Sunday Night) in 62-65 ft. of water. Spoons with #3 Tadpole divers 100 ft. back,( monkey puke,and another purple with copper back) also brown thundersticks 100 ft back. Finished out a 2 man limit after dark on the break wall trolling thundersticks,and stike king #5 xd`s. They were from 17" to 26' long. Got back to ramp about 11:30 ,big bust of some kind. Dnr boat brought another big boat lashed gunwale to gunwale. The DNR Guys and Local Police were waiting at ramp for them. Would be curious to know what that was about if anyone finds out?