Night Fishing at the Old Coast Guard Station Pier Night Fishing at the Old Coast Guard Station Pier Night Fishing at the Old Coast Guard Station Pier Night Fishing at the Old Coast Guard Station Pier

Default Night Fishing at the Old Coast Guard Station Pier

Went out last night to the old coast guard station pier looking for some eyes. Only me and one other guy on the pier. Very calm, no wind, LOTS of bait action all around us. Walleye were hammering them on the surface everywhere. Huge splashes all around. I literally threw everything in my arsenal: bandit shallows, perfect 10s, shad raps, bay rats, shallow, medium, and some deep divers. Mostly gold and chrome colors but tried a few chartreuse and purple combos as well. Not. A. Bite. I tried to match the hatch with shad colored lures but to no avail. Kinda disheartening as I'm having bad luck as of late landing walleye from the shore. I dont have a boat but I do have a fishing kayak that I troll from, but the weather has kept me off the lake lately. I'm not in the fall brawl, just looking for some tasty fillets! The grind continues!

Keep trying and keep giving reports
    RS

Default no shore bite but lots of activity

Quote Originally Posted by gunn__runner View Post
    Went out last night to the old coast guard station pier looking for some eyes. Only me and one other guy on the pier. Very calm, no wind, LOTS of bait action all around us. Walleye were hammering them on the surface everywhere. Huge splashes all around. I literally threw everything in my arsenal: bandit shallows, perfect 10s, shad raps, bay rats, shallow, medium, and some deep divers. Mostly gold and chrome colors but tried a few chartreuse and purple combos as well. Not. A. Bite. I tried to match the hatch with shad colored lures but to no avail. Kinda disheartening as I'm having bad luck as of late landing walleye from the shore. I dont have a boat but I do have a fishing kayak that I troll from, but the weather has kept me off the lake lately. I'm not in the fall brawl, just looking for some tasty fillets! The grind continues!

I was at Edgewater last night and experienced the same thing. Baitfish everywhere and 'eyes comin' up to get 'em, but no bites. Tossed a half dozen colors and sizes. Comfortable evening though weather-wise.