Should we try Huron or Lorain Thursday? Should we try Huron or Lorain Thursday? Should we try Huron or Lorain Thursday? Should we try Huron or Lorain Thursday?

Default Should we try Huron or Lorain Thursday?

Looks like Thursday is going to be a nice day. Plan to head out of Vermilion. Wondering if any of you guys would recommend heading toward Huron or heading toward Lorain? I have also been hearing the fish are coming in 240 to 45 feet of water. Then I read a report their back at 50. Any direction from you guys would be appreciated. We don’t have a Fishfinder so I am wondering from you guys who do if you’re seeing them at the bottom or suspended? Thanks in advance for some help.

Wow- crickets- I guess the fall brawl double secret probation tightlipped tight ass can’t talk season is here.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeErieMonster View Post
    Wow- crickets- I guess the fall brawl double secret probation tightlipped tight ass can’t talk season is here.
    I'm gonna try lorain thursday

Quote Originally Posted by LakeErieMonster View Post
    Looks like Thursday is going to be a nice day. Plan to head out of Vermilion. Wondering if any of you guys would recommend heading toward Huron or heading toward Lorain? I have also been hearing the fish are coming in 240 to 45 feet of water. Then I read a report their back at 50. Any direction from you guys would be appreciated. We don’t have a Fishfinder so I am wondering from you guys who do if you’re seeing them at the bottom or suspended? Thanks in advance for some help.
    with the price of a small fish finder with GPS I wouldn't go out on the big pond without one. at cabelas they have a helix 5 with chartplotter for 299.00 and a helix 7 with chartplotter for 399.00. just to name a few.

Default Garmin 5208 GPS/Radar/Fish finder question....

We do have a Garmin 5208 GPS/Radar/Plotter but no fish finder for some reason. Not sure if that is a separate module but this boat was not originally set up for fishing. 32 Regal that is more of a day boat. Original owner did not fish. Does anyone know if the fish finder is a separate module or how that works. No fish finder shows on the menu. Nav, Radar etc. only.

We did go out Thurs. the 22nd toward Huron. 43-48 FOW. Between CP and Huron River. Did get 3 nice ones and lost the best one at the boat as he shook the hook. Not a great bite though. Threw everything we had at them. We just just have not done as well as others in Huron. We go out of Vermillion. Will probably try Saturday if wind stays down toward some numbers we have north of the Lorain dump. Maybe we should come in shallower a bit. Thoughts? BTW, we are not in the Brawl....just like to catch eyes. Thanks.