Anyone catching walleye from Geneva, Ashtabula or Conneaut? Anyone catching walleye from Geneva, Ashtabula or Conneaut? Anyone catching walleye from Geneva, Ashtabula or Conneaut? Anyone catching walleye from Geneva, Ashtabula or Conneaut?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone catching walleye from Geneva, Ashtabula or Conneaut?

We fished Geneva yesterday. Used everything we had. Cranks, harnesses, worm burners, slow death spoons and spoons big and small. Every color of the rainbow. Fished 70-80 FOW. Marked tons of fish and bait. Caught one eye about 12 inches puking up bait and one sheep all day! First day on the water in 5 years that we got skunked. The fishing is horrible right now. I guess that’s why there was only 5 trailers in the parking lot. Next time we are definitely bringing the perch tackle too. Saw a bunch of huge bait balls on the bottom with marks all around them. What the heck is going on? All I can think of is the extended heat this year has something to do with the fishing. I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated!

what depth were you fishing? all our fish came from 45 to 50 ft down. 3 setting 170 back 2 setting 150 back 1 setting 135 back, downrigger set at 45 down. heard wire was doing great at 320 to 350. big spoons on divers shallow bandit on riggers. speed 2.5 to 3.0.

Yeah that is the same thing we were doing. We even tried 3 ounce snap weights to fish deeper we ran off riggers and dipsies too. Like I said we marked tons of fish and bait but no takers at all. Crazy day on the water

we were marking tons of fish deep but no takers. we fished them for 2 hrs and only caught 2 fish. moved everything up to target the fish we were marking at or near 50' and started catching fish. sunspot shallow bandit 45' on the rigger with 30' leads caught fish. i don't know which brand spoon we used but chrome purple ladderback caught most of our fish. we caught all our fish in 72' to 74' of water. anything under 71' was shorts and farm animals. from what I've been told the farther out you go the better the fishing. but if I went back up right now I would give 72' to 74' a try before making the long run out farther.

Heading out of Geneva tomorrow morning. You think it’s best to run out to 70’-75’ and run big spoons?

Went out of Conneaut last Saturday. Started at the 09 line straight north approx 77 FOW.
    Trolled north 2 man limit 5 hours 2 lbs to 4 lbs no junk , no under size.
    Dispies and spoons #3 setting 170 back , # 1 setting 130 back

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguy View Post
    Heading out of Geneva tomorrow morning. You think it’s best to run out to 70’-75’ and run big spoons?
    I would start at 72' and troll to 74' and see if I caught fish. I would either troll west from 72' to 74' or NE from 72'. if we got 71' or below we got nothing but shorts, sheep, and white bass. if I wasn't getting fish pretty soon I'd pick up and make the run on out. look for marks around 50'. that's the ones you want to target. I'd start with divers set on 3 170' back at 2.5 to 3.0 set number 2 diver at 150' back 1 diver 135' back. I'd try a mix of spoons and see what they want. if you have riggers run shallow cranks 30' back down 45'. this is just a suggestion, its what I'd do.

Went out of Ashtabula Saturday and Sunday. Saturday we had 2 boats and we caught a 4 man ticket! Sunday we only had a couple hours to fish but we ended up with 14. Dipsies with silver spoons 3 setting at 165 and 0 setting at 120 did the job! We started in 74 fow end in 78 fow.

Went out of Geneva on Sunday 8/16. We went north 13 miles and started trolling. Limited out by mile 17. Fish really got thick at 16 miles. They were bitting on purple spoons from 45 to 60 fow.

fished geneva the last 3 days counting today. got 2 man limits tues and wed by noon, got our limit today in 1 hr and 20 minutes. 350 wire and 165 on a 3.5 setting and 120 on a 1 setting with dipsies caught fish. the 03 line north. all done with cranks.