Leadcore and Bandits Question Leadcore and Bandits Question Leadcore and Bandits Question Leadcore and Bandits Question

Default Leadcore and Bandits Question

I’m new to using leadcore with Bandits (or any stick baits for that matter). I’m looking for advice on how to gauge the depth my Bandit is running behind my leadcore. For example, I’m running the Suffix leadcore 823 which gives me about 8’ of depth per color. So a 3 color gets me 24 feet down (roughly based on speed, etc.). That is 30 yards of leadcore or 90 ft of line. Do I use my Bandit dive chart and assume 90 ft of line added to the already 24 feet of depth I get from the leadcore? I’m this example, 24 feet down on leadcore plus 18 ft down for 90’ of line out, for a total of 42 feet down??? Thanks for any advice you can give!

That's the general idea but it's not perfect. LC varies a ton with speed due to the thicket diameter. I don't even know what brand of LC I have, but 8 feet per color seems pretty ambitious. I find at the typical 2.5 - 3.0 summer trolling speeds, 3-5 feet additional depth per color. I don't like running out 300 feet of line so we add additional inline or snap weights to get deeper than the 5 colors I spool will go. Best thing to do is just run to a depth you're looking to hit and see what it takes to tick bottom and calibrate things yourself rather than trying to guess based on the charts.