7-3-20 Ashtabula 7-3-20 Ashtabula 7-3-20 Ashtabula 7-3-20 Ashtabula

Default 7-3-20 Ashtabula

So today I went out of lake shore park in Ashtabula... started trolling in 40’ fow caught a couple junk fish plus a couple shorts, An hour went by then we caught 2 good 20” for the box... seen a lot of boats northwest so we headed out there to see what was happening! We started in about 65’fow running #1 dipsies at a 3 on the outside and 1 on the inside at about 40’ down. Caught 3 keepers but we had to work our butts off for them 3!!! Just wondering if I was doing something wrong or was it just a tough bite today. Let me know what u think!! Thanks guys

Default RE: Ashtabula

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguy View Post
    So today I went out of lake shore park in Ashtabula... started trolling in 40’ fow caught a couple junk fish plus a couple shorts, An hour went by then we caught 2 good 20” for the box... seen a lot of boats northwest so we headed out there to see what was happening! We started in about 65’fow running #1 dipsies at a 3 on the outside and 1 on the inside at about 40’ down. Caught 3 keepers but we had to work our butts off for them 3!!! Just wondering if I was doing something wrong or was it just a tough bite today. Let me know what u think!! Thanks guys
    We went out Tuesday and headed NW to 60 FOW. Trolled west toward Geneva using big boards and cranks with 2oz snap weights. Ran #1 dipsies 110 back at 0 setting puts you down about 51 foot. Didn’t start catching til we sped up to 2.5MPH. All green colored combination cranks and green 3.75” spoons. Limited out in 2hrs all 20”+ walleyes. If we slowed down we didn’t get bit. Dipsy went off about every five to ten minutes. They were hanging pretty tight to the bottom. Within 10 feet

We went out Tuesday and headed NW to 60 FOW. Headed west toward Geneva using big boards and cranks with 2oz snap weights. Ran dipsies and spoons straight out the back 110 feet. That put us down about 51 foot at 2.5 MPH. All green color combo cranks and green 3.75 inch spoons. Did not get a bite til we sped up to 2.5MPH. After that we limited out in a couple hours. All walleyes were 20+ inches.

Default Help

We’ve been out of Geneva for two days now and are at a loss. We’ve thrown everything on the boat at em except the captain. Any suggestions?

We have been doing well in 60 FOW trolling west to the cooling towers and back. All we use is cranks and spoons. Are you marking anything? Try running your spreads from 15 feet down to the bottom and see what works. Sometimes in this hot clear weather the walleyes are up high feeding on baitfish and you won’t mark them. Look over the side of the boat for baitfish. The walleye pros call them ghost fish. Cover the water column and see what works. I have caught a few 27 inchers running husky jerks with no weight 175 feet back which takes them down to about 17 foot at about 2.3-.5 MPH