Hot waters Hot waters Hot waters Hot waters

Thread: Hot waters

Default Hot waters

Fished east to north east 3 miles out in 43' of water started out with spoons but switched to bandits 80 back trolling at 1.5 to 2.2 caught a 3 man limit lost 2 at boat and had 2 throw back 13 " ...no junk fish ...hope this helps ..go get em

Good report but what state were you fishing in?

Thought this was the lake erie central basin forum

Lake Erie ohio

Hot waters is the boat launch in lorain

Im headed to lorain next week for vacation. I fish lorain quite a bit past few years. I Know stick baits are the go to now. I have tried stick baits including this year with very poor success. I always wonder why. I have to think there must be a trick to it. Last week an unassisted Erie Deerie on a long line outfished them Trolling big time at Kelly’s. I ran shallow to deep. Didn’t matter. not a single stick bait fish.

Quote Originally Posted by dropthetailgate View Post
    Im headed to lorain next week for vacation. I fish lorain quite a bit past few years. I Know stick baits are the go to now. I have tried stick baits including this year with very poor success. I always wonder why. I have to think there must be a trick to it. Last week an unassisted Erie Deerie on a long line outfished them Trolling big time at Kelly’s. I ran shallow to deep. Didn’t matter. not a single stick bait fish.
    I would keep trying your crankbaits.You will become better at it the more you use them.The water temp is really on the warm side now for cranks but many still catching well with cranks anyway.The most productive crank right now are bandits.They have been really out catching everything else.They almost never need to be tuned either.Cranks work best off inline boards using mono.No leader is needed.Always have longest lead on outside board.You can also experiment with a snap sinker 20ft from crank which you put on inside board.Then cover water column with different leads.Read current posts and start with those leads and make some shorter and longer.We caught well so far this year with 70 and 80 leads.Read some recent treads where 25 catching now too.Colors,start with stock colors.Get 2 blue chrome off the bat.Its the best color.Khaki,humble bee,taco salad,black head wonderbread are other good stock color.I B frozen a great custom color.Good luck.

Hit up same place as last week..but a little more north 47 ft of water..trolling all spoons dipseys on 3 out the side 70 to 90 and trutrip out back at 50 to 70 speed was 2.2 to 2.5... . 8 throw backs and no junk fish. Smaller grade of fish than last week. 16 " to 20 " . Alot more boats today than last weekend .got our 3 man limit by 11: 15.....happy fishing.

Default 6/7

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    I would keep trying your crankbaits.You will become better at it the more you use them.The water temp is really on the warm side now for cranks but many still catching well with cranks anyway.The most productive crank right now are bandits.They have been really out catching everything else.They almost never need to be tuned either.Cranks work best off inline boards using mono.No leader is needed.Always have longest lead on outside board.You can also experiment with a snap sinker 20ft from crank which you put on inside board.Then cover water column with different leads.Read current posts and start with those leads and make some shorter and longer.We caught well so far this year with 70 and 80 leads.Read some recent treads where 25 catching now too.Colors,start with stock colors.Get 2 blue chrome off the bat.Its the best color.Khaki,humble bee,taco salad,black head wonderbread are other good stock color.I B frozen a great custom color.Good luck.
    Four limits so far. Speed 2. A solo limit this morning weighing 28#. after donating breakfast to the big swells. Man it was rolling. Three today casting gold Erie deerie on a five count. Then I couldn’t take any more had to get the boat back moving to trolling. 1.5 oz in line wt back 90 double willow blade harnessed outfished everything hands down again. One fish on bandit. Two or three on big spoons and dipsy. Best fish by far off humps south of dump.

6/6 - Started @ 7:AM trolling bandits 70 and 60 back 2.0 MPH 40 to 45 FOW just NW of Hot Waters. Trolled towards the dumping area Nothing by 10AM. Few marks. Decided to head west towards Vermilion and Huron. Found good marks 4 miles or so west in 40 FOW. Only picked up 1 by noon. Ended up @ Vermilion River area. Then started tolling back towards Lorain. Picked up the rest of our 2-person limit in 1 hour. Chrome Bandits 80 back did the best. 40 FOW. Inside of the pack of boats.