Lorain Lorain Lorain Lorain

Thread: Lorain

Default Lorain

Anyone fishing regularly of Lorain yet, and if so I’d really appreciate some pointers.
    All my fishing has been around the Islands but I just dock my boat on the Black River (Spitzers) for the remainder of the year. I’m not familiar with the Lorain area for Walleye from now till November, and open to guidance and suggestions for fishing locations. Thanks

Quinn,

Are you planning on trolling or Casting?

I haven't been out there this year yet but that's a great area to fish. I've done well trolling just outside the harbor early in the season and in deeper water later in the season. The dumping grounds NNW of the river is a popular place. You can go to Navionics website and click "chart viewer" on the top of the page and zoom in and out of that area. Hope this helps a little.
    Last edited by Cleveland Eyes; 04-24-2020 at 03:51 PM.

Trolling 100%
    Last edited by Quinnebogger; 04-24-2020 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Typo

Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnebogger View Post
    Thank you !
    I fished out of Vermillion & Lorain
    The area has changed dramatically on shore. Beautiful area with fishermen & women in mind of staying for a period of time. The catching was always good. Stay away from the pack

Fished Lorain 4/27 - 1:00PM to 5:30PM. 10 or so boats scattered around. 2 to 4 miles out. Water clarity was less than clear. I'm guessing it would be clearer the further out you go.

We started casting for maybe 30 minutes 45 FOW - 2 to 3 miles out. Light winds, limited drift speed.

Switched to trolling - north to about 4 miles out (55 FOW), then east/southeast (towards Avon stacks) through the dumping area. Only 1 walleye - 20"

Setup (4 sticks) - trolling speed: 2.0 MPH (that's as slow as I can go with my setup - I am pulling drag bags to get down to 2 MPH)
    -2 Dipsy Divers (right and left - setting 3) 100 to 175 back (tried different distances) - pulling stinger spoons
    -2 Jet Divers (middle) - 100 to 200 back (ran one middle stick without the jet for a little while to test for surface fish) - pulling stinger spoons when using Jet Divers, stick bait when not using Jet Diver.

Seemed to mark scattered fish. only one came home with us.

We did good last year from Lorain to Geneva. I don't think walleye care if they are near the islands as much as human folk do.
    Last edited by zoome360; 04-28-2020 at 08:16 AM.