Fishing out of Sheffield Lake Ramp July 27-28 Fishing out of Sheffield Lake Ramp July 27-28 Fishing out of Sheffield Lake Ramp July 27-28 Fishing out of Sheffield Lake Ramp July 27-28

Default Fishing out of Sheffield Lake Ramp July 27-28

Given that the last trip from the ramp was a tough one, I was curious to see how the fishing would be a week later. Conditions were forecasted on both days to be sunny, winds out of the southwest at 10-15mph and waves 1-3ft. Saturday’s forecast was close, but the sun didn’t really come out in the morning and the wind was pushing 15-20mph with 1-3ft waves. Sunday forecast was off in that it was really rough with occasional 5-6 foot waves but mostly 2-4’s and again the sun did not come out. Because of the cloudy conditions, a lot of the gold, purple, and copper blades that work well in sunny conditions were not producing at all. There were hardly any fish up top and most concentrated in the 30-40 foot range so I targeted these fish with worm harnesses. I had to dig into my harness bag to look for something that would work in these conditions and what ended up working on Saturday was a white blade with red marks/gold back. This harness caught all 6 walleyes. On Sunday, I tried the same lure and had no success, so I tried something that looked similar in that the backside of the blade was UV white and the front was white with blue green scales. It caught all six walleyes that trip. I only had one of each of the harnesses, so all fish were caught on one pole. On both days, many junk fish were caught so you had to be patient and wait for the walleyes to hit. On Saturday, had 6 in the box before I made the turn but on Sunday only had 4 at the turn and had to depend on getting another two on the way back. Good trips both days but rough ride back in and had to really work to get a limit.
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing out of Sheffield Lake Ramp July 27-28-dsc_0104-jpg Fishing out of Sheffield Lake Ramp July 27-28-dsc_0105-jpg Fishing out of Sheffield Lake Ramp July 27-28-dsc_0106-jpg Fishing out of Sheffield Lake Ramp July 27-28-dsc_0107-jpg 

Didn't make it out this weekend because of the wind, but me and the wife went out 7/30 after work started at 50'east of the crib out of Cleveland no marks and no bites was very hot out headed back in stopped at 40' wife got a sheephead and getting ready to leave and I caught a 8" walleye both drifting on gold weapons might have to go out 5 or 6 miles next time to deeper water.