Fishing out of Sheffield Lake Ramp 12 June Fishing out of Sheffield Lake Ramp 12 June Fishing out of Sheffield Lake Ramp 12 June Fishing out of Sheffield Lake Ramp 12 June

Default Fishing out of Sheffield Lake Ramp 12 June

After reading the Lorain 6-6 report and having confirmed with one of my co-workers who had recent good luck just outside the mouth of the Black River, I took a day off work to benefit from the last good weather day of this week before wind and rain move in again. I like the convenience of the Sheffield Lake ramp so went there instead of hot waters in Lorain Harbor. For those who have not been to the Sheffield Lake ramp yet this year, be advised that like many other public launch ramps, this one is under water too so either bring water shoes or boots to get to the floating portion of the dock.
    I left the dock at about 8:30 and went due north until I hit about 35ft. Lots of good marks but fishing seemed a bit slow. For reference, using crawler harnesses with in line weights. I was thinking about turning west and heading to Lorain but the nice south wind made for perfect trolling conditions so I stayed north. Within about 15 minutes, got my first fish. It was the first of many throwbacks of 14-15 inch walleyes. For the next one hour and 45 minutes, the action was non stop until I had 6 good keepers (19-20 inch chunky fish). Most fish were caught between 25 and 35 feet at a speed of about 1.3mph. My only fish bigger than this was a 7.5 pounder that I caught and released. Some sheephead and one white perch we also caught. Great day on the lake until it was time to head in. The south wind had picked up producing 2-3ft waves with swells very close together. A slow go in my boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing out of Sheffield Lake Ramp 12 June-img_0147-jpg Fishing out of Sheffield Lake Ramp 12 June-img_0148-jpg 

Me and the wife have ben going out of Cleveland the last couple of weeks drifting from 51' to 48' South East of the crib catching from 2 to 20+ mainly 18" to 21" using mayfly rigs. Colors vary, but fire tiger blade seems to be the hot color most of the time.