Out of Gordon Park with the wife Out of Gordon Park with the wife Out of Gordon Park with the wife Out of Gordon Park with the wife

Default Out of Gordon Park with the wife

Looked at the wave forecast for today and decided 1-3 footers was worth the 90 minute drive. Got out In open water from Gordon Park and we found much bigger waves. I don’t know how big they were, but we had water coming over our bow of an 18’ Lund Impact. We fished for less than 3 hours and got our limit on dipsys and spoons in 45-55 feet of water. We only had two lines out because it was too difficult to move around the boat to work more. All in all a great trip and thanks to Young’s Fish Cleaning Servive in Cleveland; he did a great job at a great price.
    Last edited by Ragnollo; 07-18-2018 at 05:22 PM.

I love going to Lake Erie, but I need to be very selective on the days I choose due to my smaller boat. Makes it hard to truly enjoy when water is rough and bumpy. Did anyone get seasick? Your wife must be a real trooper....sounds like a good catch
    Polar Kraft Frontier 179 WT
    Yamaha 90 4 stroke
    Suzuki 9.9 EFI
    Minn Kota Terrova iPilot 80# w/ US2
    Lowrance Elite Ti2 9 inch
    Lowrance Elite 5x

Nobody puked...but we both felt it a little. She more than I, as she is 22 weeks pregnant!

Default Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnollo View Post
    Looked at the wave forecast for today and decided 1-3 footers was worth the 90 minute drive. Got out In open water from Gordon Park and we found much bigger waves. I don’t know how big they were, but we had water coming over our bow of an 18’ Lund Impact. We fished for less than 3 hours and got our limit on dipsys and spoons in 45-55 feet of water. We only had two lines out because it was too difficult to move around the boat to work more. All in all a great trip and thanks to Young’s Fish Cleaning Servive in Cleveland; he did a great job at a great price.
    Would like to hear the details e.g. Dipsey size, setting and distance back, lead off dipsey, spoon make, size and color and speed (SOG) Any of the above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and koodos to your wife...…..

Using size 1 Dipsy on driver side, 110 feet back on a 2 setting. True trip #40, 85’ back on port side. 6-7’ leader with stinger spoons. Color didn’t seem to matter. Speed was 2.5 - 3.3 mph. Fished in 45’ - 55’ of water. Tried to get bait 30-35’.