7/14/18 Sheffield Lake area 7/14/18 Sheffield Lake area 7/14/18 Sheffield Lake area 7/14/18 Sheffield Lake area

Default 7/14/18 Sheffield Lake area

We were the first boat out of Sheffield Lake this morning about 5:30 am. Went due north to 35 FOW and setup with a Hot n Tot and Reef Runner behind in-line boards, a floating Rapala/Jet 40 combo, and a dipsy diver/stinger spoon combo. All setups produced, but the Hot n Tot and Rapala gave way to another spoon and Reef Runner. Coppermelon spoons (stinger and scorpion sizes) and Purple Nurple Reef Runners were on fire! We trolled N-NE with the wind/waves to about 52 FOW, turned around and made a second pass. Went though the normal shorts with the keepers being 15-20". Had a two-man limit in 2.5 hours. Fish were all over the water column from 15-40 feet. Just watch your electronics and hit each zone to find the feeders.

I need to bring more people so I can fish longer. This summer has been one to remember! If you're reading and benefiting from this forum please return the favor and share your experiences. Good luck and stay safe out there!
    Attached Images Attached Images 7/14/18 Sheffield Lake area-20180714_093849-jpg 7/14/18 Sheffield Lake area-20180714_204434-jpg 
    FUBAR1
    New Philadelphia, Ohio

"I get my walleye gear online at PHDtackle.com."

I also fished out of Sheffield Lake today but was not on the water until 8am. Went due north to 50ft depth and set up with worm harnesses and inline weights. As FUBAR1 said, the fish were all over the water column but most of my fish came just off the bottom or around 30ft. All fish were 17-18" except one which I released. After I had caught 4, one of my planer boards had the flag go down and was kind of juking back and forth. I looked away for a minute to move a pole and when I turned around the planer board was no where to be seen and the pole was completely bent over. Once I got the planer board back above water and unclipped, started to reel the fish in and could tell it was large. Got it in the boat and measured and weighed it then released him back into the lake. Fish was 29" and 8lbs. Attempted to attach a picture but was not able. After that excitement, went on to catch two more 18 inchers and went in.
    Attached Images Attached Images 7/14/18 Sheffield Lake area-img_0383-1-jpg 

Sounds like you had a great outing! I was out early but sure didn't hook up an 8 pound Fish Ohio! Nice to read that you let it go. Most guys would put it in the box. Thanks for sharing! We need more folks posting info for the central basin.
    Last edited by FUBAR1; 07-15-2018 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Fish Ohio!
    FUBAR1
    New Philadelphia, Ohio

"I get my walleye gear online at PHDtackle.com."