Fairport Harbor Updates? Fairport Harbor Updates? Fairport Harbor Updates? Fairport Harbor Updates?

Question Fairport Harbor Updates?

Hey Central basin walleyer's! I plan to head out of Fairport tomorrow morning. A few weeks ago we were killing them in 30-35 fow, then it calmed down and fish moved out deeper. Latest I've heard is that boats are headed N/NE out of Fairport in 55-62 fow marking and catching fish. Anyone have any recent updates or programs to share that might make my monthly trip worthwhile?

I will post results a follow-up later this week.

Thanks in advance and Happy 4th!

Fish everywhere...I have been out deeper using tru trips and spoons of all sizes and colors. Make sure you try the upper part of the water column in 40 foot of water (like 10-15 feet down...remember alot of these marks dont show on fish finder...). Dont be afraid to troll up to 2.5 and 3.0. They like the speed.

Spot on Chuckie. Thanks for the post.

We launched out of ramps by Steve's Bait Shop. Talked to the guy there and he said "go straight out of the harbor and you will see a ton of boats similar to a perch pack, they are on top of walleye, not perch"...he wasn't kidding. We had our limit in a about 3 hours after getting on the water a bit late - 8:30am. It was my wife and I, and she only wanted to go if we caught fish the action was pretty much non-stop. There were several boats coming in at 8:30am with their limits.

I had dipseys on a 3 setting off the sides and a tru tip off the back. Targeted the deep part of the column mainly. The Helix was showing crazy marks between 40-50 FoW, just stacks of fish. I did get some bites higher up around 30 FoW at times. We had all kinds of spoons going, but contender's warhead seemed to be the hot ticket. We trolled between 1.9 and 2.3mph. Threw back several shorts (15-16 inchers). Ended up with a few 3-4 lb fish, but most were between 17-19 inches. Very little wind, almost no waves. It's amazing how many fish are hanging out outside Fairport!
    Last edited by teamcambier; 07-05-2018 at 09:05 AM.

went out Sunday. North wind had an interesting effect on the fishing near Fairport. The first 2 fish we caught were steelhead running dispeys and spoons. Got a fair amount of shorts and a nice 6 lb walleye throughout the morning. Ended with a one man limit of 17" plus size fish. Was just out having fun with some good friends.

We launched around 8am, headed straight out to 62 fow. Trolled east at 1.9-2.5mph based on zig-zag pattern we took. Had dispeys off the sides on 3 settings and a 40 Jet diver straight off the back about 100' out. all running spoons of various colors. We ran deep since there were some small marks up in the 20 fow range (prob white bass or something). We did get remarkable perch school marks near the bottom - looked like large bushes on the Helix.

Planning to head back out Sunday morning to do it again.