I always appreciate the posts on this forum, and have to admit I haven't posted before - mainly cause I don't have good news to share

This is a few days late, but I wanted to share the results of my last trip out of Fairport Harbor last Thursday (7/27).

My son and I got on the water around 3:45pm. Winds started from the West and slowly shifted to Northeast. Waves were 2ft or less. Water temp was about 75 degrees.

We headed out of the harbor and headed NW, past the hump, to about 65 FOW. For the most part we trolled a zig-zag pattern toward the east and maintained a water depth between 55-65 FOW throughout the day.

I had rigged all the rods with dipseys with the exception of one jet diver. All medium sized divers - not the big ones that go really deep. Each rod had a worm harness with a green and yellow Colorado blade that looked like a bait fish and with a double hook.

Fish were hanging in the 40-50 ft range. I trolled at 1.5mph - 1.8mph on average. Lots of marks on the Helix 5.

I don't have line counters but easily had 75-100 feet of line out.

We only had 2 rods running since my son is younger. In total we caught 27 walleye, keeping 6 that were over 18". We also had 2 junk fish. The fish were hitting as soon as the bait got down deep. It was fun reeling in so many fish with my son - though he got bored reeling the in shorts

We had a similar experience a few weeks earlier out of Fariport as well.

Cheers!