as promised. report from saturday and sunday of july 4th weekend as promised. report from saturday and sunday of july 4th weekend as promised. report from saturday and sunday of july 4th weekend as promised. report from saturday and sunday of july 4th weekend

Default as promised. report from saturday and sunday of july 4th weekend

well i went out tuesday for a couple hours in huron and caught 6 nice eyes. couple throwbacks. now for my report i used the same tackle. tuesday i was in 19 to 26 fow and was using tru trip 40's off the back with harnesses. can't remember the color but i know gold blades with purple beads and green beads and so on and so on. i used number 1 dipseys off the sides with harnesses. saturday went back and only caught 4 fish with the same set up. now sunday i went to lorain. went all the way to the dump and only caught 4 fish with same setup as above. was in about 55 fow targeting fish at 18 to 30 foot. moved closer into shore and caught 2 more right off the rip. i was in about 40 fow. moved again to just right outside the hotheads boat ramp. was probably 700 yards due east from the break wall. caught 8 fish in about 2 hours. caught most of the fish off the dipseys at 65 back. all on worm harnesses. trolled about 1.9 to 2.2. what started out slow turned into a great day. caught a 25 and 24 couple 17 18 and 19 and a few 16's. wish i would of started close to shore from the get go.

what was your depth 700 hundred yds off breakwall?

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfunaddict View Post
    what was your depth 700 hundred yds off breakwall?
    i can't really remember but honestly i was maybe 1000 yards off shore. i was really close. i think maybe 40 fow. i would have to fire up my garmin to get a exact location. i was fishing the areas where the depths changed quickly. do you have a topo map on your finder?