Sea Lamprey! Sea Lamprey! Sea Lamprey! Sea Lamprey!

Thread: Sea Lamprey!

Default Sea Lamprey!

We are WAY behind in our videos this year, but we thought this one would be of interest! On a walleye trip we caught one with a sea lamprey attached to it, and another with a wound on it! We had never seen one before, and I sure hope it isn't a trend that is going to be on the rise! They are some nasty looking creatures! Have you guys been seeing a lot of Lampreys? Hope you enjoy the video!

Thankfully, in all of my years on Lake Erie, I have never come across that parasite! Hope it isn't a renewing trend.

We had one on a walleye out by the weather bouy a few years ago, but it was no where near that big. But I see the round red sores on fish on a regular basis. So I think they are more common than ppl know about

I haven't seen too many lamprey marks on fish from Lake Erie. I've caught (& killed) a few on Lake Ontario attached to salmon. It's a regular occurrence to see the lamprey marks on the sides of salmon out of Ontario. If they're in Lake Ontario they're going to be in Lake Erie. Easy access, unfortunately.

Damn the Whelen Canal. Thank you freighters with your ballast water!

I have caught many with marks on them and 2 attached. You should try heel stomping those slimy slippery things while they are trying to get away on the floor of the boat. Not easy.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Bggeary. We usually put then in the fish cooler & cut those slimy BAST%&DS up at the fish cleaning station! I want them out of the lake & I know if I cut them up away from the lakes they're not getting back in.

B Safe!