Between Walnut and North East, Out deep??? Between Walnut and North East, Out deep??? Between Walnut and North East, Out deep??? Between Walnut and North East, Out deep???

Default Between Walnut and North East, Out deep???

So I was wondering, has anyone tried out past the second trench this year? I've never fished way out, I mean pasted our normal 4 to 6 miles out. I was wondering if maybe it would be worth the drive out.
    Anyone been out there?
    20' Sea Ray

This report is a bit dated. 8-1-16 had fished several days out of Walnut in 50-60 fow with little success. Took the wife for a boat ride crosses the 1st trench and looked over the crossover in around 58 fow set up to troll north east caught 3 silver bass one sheeps head. The marks were suspended around 30 ft. Moved to the second trench and started trolling west nothing on the screen 75+ fow. went 2 miles west and turned the boat toward Walnut same image in the 1 st trench. I'm home now looking for any kind of reports walleye or perch. Summer is getting away fast. This is my worst year ever fishing out of Walnut. The tornament this weekend will hopefully locate some fish.

Thanks Seaswirl, yep its been a tough year.
    I'm off the water the next two weekends but plan on getting back at it on the 27th. Keep us updated of the tournament this weekend if you find anything out.
    20' Sea Ray

We fished all last week from the condos in 60-80, to north of the point in 60-80 and east to shades from 58-68, and than farther east and fished 53-90 north to south, we did figure 8 patterns, circles, west to east,. we troll plugs off boards, dippsys, and spoons on the riggers, our best day was 16 eyes in 62-65' off condos, it was short lived, we searched all week and ended east off the mountain, a mix bag of fish for sure, nothing under 18" went in my cooler unless hurt so we put lots back too. I wont be back for two weeks and if i was to go out now i would try shades first..
    Good luck to all
    Rick

Thanks Prime Time for the detailed report. I never fished off Shades before, Is the a boat ramp there or do you make the drive from near by?
    20' Sea Ray

we launch from lampe marina , east end also is there and has bait, or any in the bay, I run a 26' boat and lampe is the easiest for me.
    Rick

Shades is ok for small boats I would say 20' or less is ok. It is tight and if the waves kick up it would be difficult to get into the port. Lampe is by far better and is not far to the west of shades. I have a ranger 1850 and it is great for me plus not as crazy as walnut. I got o lampe also if I am going off the condos.