7/17 Lorain report 7/17 Lorain report 7/17 Lorain report 7/17 Lorain report

Default 7/17 Lorain report

We launched about 8am out of Hot Waters (first time there, nice ramps) and headed northwest to about 45 fow. The marks where good so we set the lines out and tried DDRR, spoons, shallow diving stick baits and harnesses off dipsy divers and jets. I ended up switching all four lines to harnesses but could only manage one 17" keeper, one 13" throw back and a lot of white bass and sheephead. I lost a nice fish while reeling it in and had a huge hit that broke the 17# leader before I could grab the rod. We trolled north to 52' and turned around and came back on the same line 1.7-2 mph small double willow blade harnesses and large single willow blade harnesses. There were a lot of boats and charters out there and we headed in around noon. What a beautiful morning on the lake.

We fished sunday out of Lorain also. We started towards the NE corner of the dump and picked up a few then had several hours of nothing. Tried N of dump and NW of dump. We were moving in to try shallower and I noticed a big wad of birds spread out over a half mile area. so I swung over to see what the graph said...There were loads of bait balls with arches underneath so we set up and pulled two within the first 10 minutes...made a couple more passes with only one so I slid a little a little east and we popped a couple..spun a couple times on em and we finished out with our 12 there. Most came on tadpoles with harnesses and Colorado blades but 2 came on DHJ and one one a bandit...Blue/silver one both DHJ and Bandit. Had about 15 shorts and only 2 drum...about a doz whitebass/white perch.

Thanks to both for posting your reports. Certainly that area is fishing quite well at the moment.
    We will be back them next Sat if the weather works
    Roy Page
    Morning Mist II - Pursuit 3000 Express
    Call Roy Page on Channel 79
    Vermilion Ohio
    YouTube Walleye Fishing Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EdlWtjSet3fYh9