Lorain or Avon Lorain or Avon Lorain or Avon Lorain or Avon

Thread: Lorain or Avon

Default Lorain or Avon

Anyone fishing Lorain to Avon point ? Heard a few reports of fish being in 30-35 fow but no locations. Going to try and sneak out tomorrow if I can beat the North blow

Fished off avon point on 6/10. Caught a pair of good eating-sized walleye and a bunch of 12-16 inch eyes along with the usual white perch and sheephead. 35-45 fow.

I fish this area as well... what worked for you?

red/pink, purple and green worm harnesses. If thats not working ill occasionally switch to spoons or reef runners

for reef runners are you flat lining them or using inline weights or snap weights? How deep are you fishing them in 35-45 FOW? Do you run bandits and Reefs just work better ? Trying to figure out a program for this weekend. Planning to fish Avon lake launch ramp to Avon point or so. Any special color Reefs? I typically fish grape ape, green flash, cheap sunglasses or pink lemondade

Default Ran Bandits Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    for reef runners are you flat lining them or using inline weights or snap weights? How deep are you fishing them in 35-45 FOW? Do you run bandits and Reefs just work better ? Trying to figure out a program for this weekend. Planning to fish Avon lake launch ramp to Avon point or so. Any special color Reefs? I typically fish grape ape, green flash, cheap sunglasses or pink lemondade

Bandit 130 back w 1oz up 20-30 from lure (24-25 TDepth) .... worked pretty good Thurs north of lorain 40-52 fow...
    also Dipsey 3 setting 65 Back.... worm harnesses...(29 TDepth) I used Stinger spoons.....

Humble Bee and Pink Lemonade on Bandits.....

Thanks for the info. I'm going to fish avon lake power plant to Avon point. Going to start at 40fow and go from there. I've heard fish are in top 20 feet of water column so I'm going to hits with everything. Planning to run 4 rods 2 with bandits and offshore boards probably back 100 then 75, one for with a 30 jet and stinger spoon and a dipsy and harness on the last rod. See what happens and go from there.

fished sunday off avon lake powerplant on a west line in 40-45fow. A lot of white bass and white perch, and a ton of short eyes. 2 keepers above 20" but had about 15 throw backs that were just under 15" and a few that were less than 10". All came on spoons behind dipseys and harnesses also behind dipseys. Tried bottom bouncers with no luck, fish were up from 20 to 30 feet. Bandits did nothing, tried just about every color they make.

Matt, thanks for the good fishing report.

A friend and I fished the Avon Point area last Saturday. Covered the area pretty good from 12 to 48 FOW. Actually was fishing around the humps most of the times. We mostly used 2 and 3 oz bottom bouncers and worm harnesses at 0.9 to 1.9 mph. Caught 10 walleyes, 4 keepers 19.5 to 26". Caught the bigger fish between 4:00 and 4:30. Must have found the hot spot! Good day on the water.

Lorain or Avon-img_0594-jpg

Sunday - just west of the weather buoy (almost straight north from AL boat launch). 40-42 ft of water. Got 9 good fish, no shorts, only 1 white bass. Worm harnesses, 40 back with 2 oz. inline weight worked best.