New (used) boat New (used) boat New (used) boat New (used) boat

Thread: New (used) boat

Default New (used) boat

I need to poll the experts.

I've been thinking I need to upgrade the boat. Couple of things, (1) I trailer the boat about 1:30 hours up to the lake so I'm thinking aluminum. (2) Since aluminum, I’ve been looking at used Sylvan offshores and StarCraft Islander types of boats. (3) What to do with the old one?

So if you have an opinion on either boat or how to get rid of the old one I’d like to hear it. Current boat is 43 year old Searay.

Thanks in advance
    20' Sea Ray

Default boat syl or star

I like sylvan star craft is light both not bad boats as far as a trailer get duel axle tow is better but if you do pay road they can get you then goes I/o or out board or a out board with sea drive you can get a sea drive that will open room in the back for fishing but may not allow a kicker also look at rivets or weld is the other thing what ever boat you choose keep in mind the tow truck or suv that will be used good luck ,and that sea ray heavy boat and may still get a fair price do to the way the boat was made

I had A StarCraft Islander 186. It was ok. Boat was used but brand new condition but I wasn't liking the cuddy. So I found my 20' Lund Fisherman and love it and the open bow. Makes fishing a whole lot easier and for planer boards and getting to the planer mast! I prefer to walk up the middle than tip toe along the side of the islander, even though I always had the person do it who was with me. Plus setting the anchor too is nice with a walk thru windshield besides getting to the planer mast.

Steve, I'm liking the looks of the Lund Baron. Seen one over in Geneva couple weeks ago and was impressed.

Do you take much water over the bow? How does your Fisherman handle the waves, what kind of ride compared to glass boats??

Thanks
    20' Sea Ray