center console? center console? center console? center console?

Thread: center console?

Default center console?

Hey guys first time posting on this thread, thought i would get an oppinion from you guys. I currently have a 99 sportcraft 252 and im getting to the point to where im starting to put some serious money in it transmission needs work, floor going bad from around the inspection hatch. ( I know thats a boat for ya lol.) anyway i was looking at center console boats. I was just wondering what the general oppinion on these boats were. I will be fishing in the western basin with it but i dont know how well these boats fair on the lake, trying to weigh the pros and cons. Any input would be great thanks

I looked at them several years ago before I bought the boat I currently have.
    Assuming your talking in the 25' range, what I found was most had little to no lockable storage .If you troll a lot, typically there is not a lot of room between the console and the stern.They do ride very nice in choppy water but if the wind is blowing there is not a dry seat on board.If you set anchored alot, the steeper dead rise (which is why they run so good in chop) will rock alot more.They are a very capable boat for Erie just didn't fit my needs
    I ended up getting a walk-around ,have been pretty happy with it for the most part.
    Every boat is a compromise
    Captain Don M.
    B.G./Marblehead

very helpful info don thank you for your input

Years ago I had a 22' Whaler that I sold because it was good for Two people but not many more. The problem is that there's no where to store Fishing Equipment and no where to go to get out of the weather if it gets bad out. I just bought a 1998 25' Sportscraft and its a much better set up.
    BUT, I'm having troubles with it too, see my post above. Have you ever had issues with your boat running good when its cold and then slowing down in 15-20 minutes?