Loading the Boat Loading the Boat Loading the Boat Loading the Boat
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Loading the Boat

Hey fellas I am asking for some advice on loading my boat, It's a 20 crestliner on a trailmaster tandem trailer. I have trailered boats and have had roller style trailers and bunk style trailers before but this one is a bunk style trailer. Everytime I load this boat be it on a level ramp or not I have one side higher than the other, never the same side either. It loads straight just unlevel the gap between the fenders is usually touching on one side and a 3 inch gap on the other. It wouldn't bother me except the rubbing on the side. It does it to both sides so I cant see it being a balanced load issue. I was thinking of adding a bunk on top of the bunks to get me above the fenders. Any thoughts or Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought not having seen how it's set-up, but maybe if you try not putting the trailer in as deep and let the bunks guide it on. Most of the people that I see having trouble have their trailers backed in too far.Again just a thought.
    Captain Don M.
    B.G./Marblehead

Post Thanks / Like

Since you mention it's not always the same side, I'd have to say it's how your loading onto the trailer and or like mentioned how far you back the trailer into the water. For me, I back down till the top front of the trailer fender is just above the water line, depending on how steep the ramp is, I have learned how to adjust from there. Some ramps I have to go just under the waterline with the top edge of the fender, most like I mentioned, some I have to have only half of the fender under water. But it is a pretty good guide line to start with for your style /make boat. Some of my old team members ran those same models and it worked when I was with them also. I run a 18ft Cliner. You can once your boat is loaded correctly slide under the trailer and see if the bunks are adjusted properly to support the hull, make adjustments where needed. Those trailers are design more for "drive on" style loading like a bass boat, so if you back far enough into the water to where you don't have to crank the boat very far up to the trailer tongue, you have to play with getting the boat to sit perfect on the bunks as you pull out of the water. You could mount some guide ons, when properly set they will force your boat into position on the trailer. Just a tought.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the advice. I have tried most of that and haven't had luck. She's too heavy to rock into place and I have two 8 foot guides on each side. Left or right is not the problem It's centered, just loads unlevel and one side rubs. I hate to be like one of those bass boat guy's, but I think Im gonna try the old power load and see if that keeps her level on the bunks. Then maybe just raising the bunks 2 inches to eliminate the rubbing when shes crooked.