90 horse yamaha/1988 90 horse yamaha/1988 90 horse yamaha/1988 90 horse yamaha/1988

Default 90 horse yamaha/1988

got a auto matic oiler on it and i want to do away with it,mix it in the tank 50 to 1,need to no what all i need to do with the motor to fix it,oh it a 1988 model

Quote Originally Posted by minig View Post
    got a auto matic oiler on it and i want to do away with it,mix it in the tank 50 to 1,need to no what all i need to do with the motor to fix it,oh it a 1988 model
    Sounds like you're referring to the VRO (Variable Ratio Oil). That means that your motor is tuned to run with a varying mixture of oil to gas. Curious as to why you want to disconnect it? Did it quit working or are you just worried about it quitting working?

If it is still working, I would suggest keeping it hooked up and using it as the varying rate of oil is what your motor is meant to run on. If it is working and you're worried about it, just keep an eye on it and make sure it's using the oil you put in at what seems to be an acceptable rate. Also, get the SELOC manual for your engine and it will have very detailed instructions on how to check and maintain your VRO system.

Plenty of people have diconnected them, did pre-mix and have been fine and I am sure that you would be fine doing so. BUT, I can speak from experience in that I have a VRO on my Evinrude and love it. I am VERY glad that I do not have to mix oil to 20 gallons of gas. Plus, with the boat sitting a week or two at a time, I don't have to worry about oil sitting in any more of the system than it needs to.

If you decide to go forward with disconnecting it, I would check iboats.com or thehulltruth.com for additonal advice.

Whatever you decide, good luck.
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Default thxs

well my kickermotor takes pre mix so i wanted to do both so i dont have to have 2 feul cans,got a 25 gallon tank now

I believe you need a block off plate and that will do it. I had to replace the vro on a Johnson and it was well over 500. Life will be much easier for you to get rid of it. If it would ever quit on you it will smoke your motor