Minn Kota Terrvoa Minn Kota Terrvoa Minn Kota Terrvoa Minn Kota Terrvoa
  1. Default Minn Kota Terrvoa

I have a 22 foot north river aluminum boat its roughly 3000 pounds. Im looking to buy a minn kota terrvoa trolling motor to attach to the bow of my boat but I have a few questions. First should I got with the salt water version of the trolling motor or the original black model. Second how many battires could I have hooked up to the trolling motor, just three being its a 36 volt unit. And last how long will the motor last on the water if im trolling at 2.5 mph. If anyone has one of these units on their boat please help me out.

You don't need the salt water version. Make sure you get a long enough shaft since your going to troll and will want the prop to stay in the water when trolling in 2+ ft waves. (probably the 60 in shaft ). 36 volt should easily last 8 hrs even on real windy days without a problem. Get a good onboard charger to keep those batteries charged up. I take it your going to get the I-pilot. Very much worth it. I use both the remote and the pedal to control speed/steering etc while trolling. For me it's easier to make fast adjustments using the buttons on the pedal with my hand. I keep the pedal where I can easily reach it. Most just use the remote. Personal choice. If you do go with a 24 volt, on windy days you get 4 to 5 hrs on average before the batteries are real weak. And they typically won't get back to full charge in 8 hrs. Also, make a rope handle lift to lift that heavy sucker up/down. Make sure it's loose around the base/shaft so it doesn't spin when the head is turning. Makes a world of difference as you don't have to kneel down and try to lift the trolling motor from grabbing the head. Any questions, just ask.

3. Default trolling motor

thanks for the reply noticed you said with 24 volts, on windy days you get 4 to 5 hrs on average before the batteries are real weak. But I thought that the terrova 101 pound thrust was a 36 volt system. Also do you live close to toledo maybe I can see how you have yours mounted ext if your dont mind.

4. Default volts

sorry seen you did say that 36 volts should last about 8 hours

If your going to spend the $$ get the terrova I- pilot !
    If you look to the right of my screen name you can see I live in warren, MI. If you want to drive this far your more than welcome. But you could go to most boat dealerships and look at how they have mounted their terrova's.