Starcraft Fishmaster 2100 Starcraft Fishmaster 2100 Starcraft Fishmaster 2100 Starcraft Fishmaster 2100

Default Starcraft Fishmaster 2100

OK, the search has finally come full circle. I've been researching all the different aspects of getting my boat. From Aluminum to Fiberglass and back again. From Deep Vee's to Modified Vee's. From wants to actual needs. This process has taken almost 3 years. Read many Threads on the internet and sorted through many opinions. I've fished all my life and never owned a boat. Now I'm jumping in and pulling the trigger on a Fishmaster 2100. This will be my one and only boat of my lifetime. I guess I'm reaching out to the owners that have Starcraft boats and looking for there experiences, good or bad. Thanks and look forwards to everyone's thoughts.

Default starcraft FM 2100

Kinda surprised that no one has replied yet? This being a Lake Erie forum, I would have thought there where some Starcraft owners out there?

Default hi

New here! But i just bought a nice 19 ft starcraft. Very nice Erie boats.

I pulled the trigger on a new 2011 2100 fishmaster last spring. After two years of looking for a used one and not having any luck i finally could not wait anymore! This boat so far is incrediable, the whole reason i went for this model is the layout in the stern of the boat. Most of my fishing is trolling for walleye or muskie, and being able to get right back into the back corners is great for setting lines and downriggers. I was going to buy a used lund grand baron a little while before i ordered the stracraft, but after standing in the back of both boats i knew the fishmaster was better for me. The lund has the casting platform in the back which you have to step up on to net a fish or set lines, my fishmaster has 32" of free board in that area. I got mine with a 175hp mercury optimax pro xs and 15hp kicker. I did not need a lot more hp for the extra money as i don't have far to go to my fishing spots. It will run about 38-40 depending on conditions. I love that i can still cast up front and have the trolling motor, but have all the room in the back. I will say spend the extra money and get the 21 vs the 196, it doesn't seem like much but it makes a huge difference!! I live on the end of lake ontario where it can get really rough and can say it will handle it without a problem. I first saw this boat four years ago at syracuse ny boat show and since then have put alot of time into researching and talking to people about it and i am 100% glad i went with this model!! Hope it helps!

I thought for sure Greg Yarbourgh would have seen this and pm'd you to call him. great guy I'll pm you his e-mail. he will answer all your questions. here's a youtube with greg talking about that boat.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4RyXqq-lco

Not a 2100 but I bought new in 08 a 186 Starcraft Super Fisherman and had a 115hp E-Tec put on it. I had looked at Lund but it had less beam & freeboard. Also looked at a used Crestliner but it had broken welds on the keel that had been rewelded. For it's size the Starcraft is a big water boat. I started with aluminum went to glass and now I'm back to aluminum. I don't know how they do it but this boat is quieter than some glass boats i've been in.