old gas old gas old gas old gas
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: old gas

Post Thanks / Like

Default old gas

hello everyone!
    My brother just took his 30' searay out of storage after 9 years. We drained the gas into a 50 gallon drum. Anyone know where we can take this besides Clean Harbors ($$$). There has got to be somewhere to dispose of old gas.
    thanks,
    Scott

great gricey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    hello everyone!
    My brother just took his 30' searay out of storage after 9 years. We drained the gas into a 50 gallon drum. Anyone know where we can take this besides Clean Harbors ($$$). There has got to be somewhere to dispose of old gas.
    thanks,
    Scott
    I have been trying to find out a simple answer to that question for two years. I try to be environmentally responsible and try my hardest to keep pollution near zero. I asked a fire chief how to dispose of it and he told me the same lame thing everyone else told me - use it to start fires. I was floored. Someone mentioned that there is a way to contact companies that service gas stations and they will take the old gas for a small fee. Good luck. Let me know it you hear anything different. I still have many gallons stockpiled in my shed.

Post Thanks / Like

Default old gas

You can drop off old gas at hazardous waste round ups in your local community our county. (at least in wayne county) call first to find out if you can take the drum, or if it has to be in a certified gas container.