Best dockage on Lake Erie Best dockage on Lake Erie Best dockage on Lake Erie Best dockage on Lake Erie
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    powrguy Guest

Default Best dockage on Lake Erie

I'm thinking of possibly docking my boat in 2010 on Lake Erie. Preferably, somewhere near Huron, which puts me between the Lorain and Islands areas. I only have a 20' center console, but have no idea what dockage costs, and the risks to losing equipment (including the outboard motor) in docking it. I've always been trailering, as that way, ALL my gear comes home and is safely stored without fear of driving up to the boat, and finding it stripped.

What's the dockage rates like, and what's the experience anybody else might have had?

thanks

Merry Christmas!

harle96 Guest

Default Romps

I dock at romps. Great place for fishing. It puts you in between huron and the Lorain sandbar. I'd say the average spot in the summer is around 8 miles, in the spring 1 mile out or less. My 21 footer costs 1,600.00 and its a protected harbor, which does not get affected by low or high levels of water, never had a problem there. Lots of amenities also.

GL

harle

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat dockage

there is copper kettle in lorain on beaver creek after june or july you can dock for the rest of season for 400 = or - thats what i heard give them a call and it 4miles to the start of the sand bar for walleye

Post Thanks / Like

i dock in huron and love it....the city boat basin rates are low compared to a lot of other spots and only 1/2 mile to the open lake, unlike the vermilion river which can take some time to hit open water on busy days and romps is approx 2 miles inland, huron is 10 miles from vermilion....also gull harbor, on the huron river, docks sail and power boats, probably 1k per year for a 20 footer....cranberry creek is another good one, between huron and vermilion but i dont know their rates and they seem always to be full...good luck..

powrguy Guest

Default Dockage

I stopped by at Beaver Park, and they look pretty good and are 1/2 way between Avon and Vermillion, approximately. That's a pretty good location, and they have the $400 for the remaining season for a 20' boat, and run about $800 for the season. I may do the docking next season, and will finish this season as a trailer boater. It's only another 15 minutes from Miller Road, where I usually launch, to Beaver Creek.

thanks