GOOD Merc mechanic in the area? GOOD Merc mechanic in the area? GOOD Merc mechanic in the area? GOOD Merc mechanic in the area?
    powrguy Guest

Default GOOD Merc mechanic in the area?

Anybody that can recommend a GOOD Merc outboard motor mechanic that they have experience with?

I'd prefer the Southwest side of Cleveland, but all the way to Port Clinton would be okay, IF I can find someone reasonable and trustworthy.

thanks

powrguy Guest

Default Good Merc Mechanics

Since nobody responded, let me say that I would recommend Mark, at Blystone Marina in Mentor, as an outstanding and helpful Mercury outboard mechanic. They ain't cheap, but they ARE good !

They are in Mentor-on-the-Lake, on Andrews Road, and have a super inventory of boating parts and accessories, too. They are my mechanics-of-choice in the future for Mercury outboards.

Default re: merc mechanic

I had a good experience with Pier 58 Marine in Oberlin (440-774-4338). I was having trouble with a fairly new trolling motor back in May and they had it fixed in two days when everyone else had a two-week wait. They're certified by Merc if its something under warranty. Its on the corner of rt. 58 and 303, not far off 480/20/10. A real mom-and-pop place.

- Cast Party

powrguy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cast party View Post
    I had a good experience with Pier 58 Marine in Oberlin (440-774-4338). I was having trouble with a fairly new trolling motor back in May and they had it fixed in two days when everyone else had a two-week wait. They're certified by Merc if its something under warranty. Its on the corner of rt. 58 and 303, not far off 480/20/10. A real mom-and-pop place.

- Cast Party
    Thanks.

That's a little closer than Mentor for me, too, as it's about 45 miles to Mentor, but it was worth it at the time. Have you been out fishing lately, and had any luck?