Planer Board Plans Planer Board Plans Planer Board Plans Planer Board Plans
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Planer Board Plans

I have been been trolling with two different types of boards (Large yellow Walker, and Matercraft Super Ski's) I am not impressed with either. Does anyone have plans or a link to make a hard pulling board that folds up. I really dont want to spend 150.00 if I can help it. I have heard the Amish boards and Skipper9's boards work great. Any help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default boards

I purchased the skippy nine seriers board, remove a couple weights= and I can jerk on 5 50jets per side fine. They work good, the added weights help the boards plant into the water...
    Ron
    www.somethinfishycharters.com
    aka- Capt. Concrete

Default Boards

Thanks rsfrail, Do your boards fold up?? and if not how big are they. I have a 20' lund fisherman and would love store out of the way if we are jigging or drifting.

Heres a set of plans that I made mine from,only I used 1 x 8 instead of 1x6 and made them 12" inside dim. The key to get them to pull hard is to weight them down ,mine weigh approx 13# each and only stand out of the water approx 1". these do not fold but pull like mules. you might be able to get your current boards to pull harder by adding weight to the bottom of them and changing the location of the pulling point [just a thought]

Don M

Quote Originally Posted by bonedaddy View Post
    I have been been trolling with two different types of boards (Large yellow Walker, and Matercraft Super Ski's) I am not impressed with either. Does anyone have plans or a link to make a hard pulling board that folds up. I really dont want to spend 150.00 if I can help it. I have heard the Amish boards and Skipper9's boards work great. Any help would be appreciated.
    I will let you check out the boards so you can duplicate them. (Bad karma) made some just by looking at them.

Default Boards

Thanks for your plans Don! I think I am going to try to build a set. Do you think that the folding hardware from the Mastercraft boards I already have could be used on larger wooden set?

Thanks

I never knew they made some with folding hardware. Could you send a photo of the hardware. I have some homemade boards that work great. I just hate keeping them in the boat because they take up some much room. Thanks

John

Bone
    I don't know if it would work or not. but I have heard other people that like the the Mastercraft super ski's. If possible I would like to see a picture of them also,
    Thanks Don M

I HAD a pair of Amish boards. Ran them once and sold them. My home made boards pull twice as good. Weight is the key. They got to sit down far on the water.

Default Folding boards

Here are pics of the my folding Mastercraft boards. They work OK but they tend to lag back and turns have to be done wide. I was thinking of taking the hardware off these and mounting on something a bit bigger with a little more weight. Any thoughts