Walk-on near Port Clinton? Walk-on near Port Clinton? Walk-on near Port Clinton? Walk-on near Port Clinton?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Walk-on near Port Clinton?

It's my Son's 8th birthday this weekend and he wants to do a fishing charter for his birthday. We have a place in Port Clinton we'll be staying at. I was wondering if anyone has room for a couple of walk-ons at some point this weekend. I know he'd rather catch big fish so I'm mainly looking for walleye but beggars can't be choosers and I don't know how the walleyes are biting in that area anyways.

Has anyone had any experience with the shore-nuf walk-on head boats? Do they take you out to a spot and you cast fish from the boat? I can't see how they would troll but who knows.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

You could try Sassy Sal Charters. They do walk on head boats. I'm pretty sure most of the head boats are targeting perch now, the Walleye have been very spread out.

Post Thanks / Like

Weekends fill up fast and maybe you should call and make a reservation or you may not be able to get on a head boat they may all be full. Here are some links to different Headboats.

http://tibbelsfishing.com/

http://www.sassysalcharters.com/

http://www.wecatchfish.com/reservations/ Fisherman's Wharf

http://shore-nuf.com/

I hope this helps in your search for a boat! It is supposed to be a decent weekend weather and wind wise!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Fisherman's wharf has been doing very well on perch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Walk ons

All of the Party Boats have web sites. When out there ask the mates for advice and what to do. If you want to go to Sandusky, try the Clevelander II, 419 616 3474. Before you leave the dock find out what the boats offer and what you should bring along. Do you have your own equipment/license/cooler? The walleye are scarce now but I'd love to see your son hook up with a bunch of doubles or even a big Sheephead or two! On the sites you'll find discounts during one weekday for children, if you'll be here then. And it's usually less crowded than week ends. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyChops View Post
    It's my Son's 8th birthday this weekend and he wants to do a fishing charter for his birthday. We have a place in Port Clinton we'll be staying at. I was wondering if anyone has room for a couple of walk-ons at some point this weekend. I know he'd rather catch big fish so I'm mainly looking for walleye but beggars can't be choosers and I don't know how the walleyes are biting in that area anyways.

Has anyone had any experience with the shore-nuf walk-on head boats? Do they take you out to a spot and you cast fish from the boat? I can't see how they would troll but who knows.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info everyone. I'll go for perch from one of the head boats suggested. I have equipment but mainly it's bass equipment, I haven't been perch fishing in years. I remember using split shots with minnows, is that still the way to go?

Post Thanks / Like

Spreaders, crappie rigs, skipper 9 rigs... Plenty of options. Just make sure you have a light action rod, braided line and plenty of minnows. Good luck and have fun. Happy birthday to the young lad!

Post Thanks / Like

As light biting as the perch are, a sinker on bottom, a snelled hook in swivel and a hook 1 ft up will get a lot of perch. Mot times I don't use the upper hook and still smoke the spreader guys on the boat !!

Post Thanks / Like

I got in with Tibble tomorrow. Thanks again for all the advice, my boy is super excited. I'll report back how we all did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyChops View Post
    I got in with Tibble tomorrow. Thanks again for all the advice, my boy is super excited. I'll report back how we all did.
    Good choice probably one of my favorite head boats groups to go perching with, they come out of East Harbor so they have a short ride to the Lighthouse or Kelly's island perch bite. Good luck sounds like it should be a great weekend weather wise, when you get done and are waiting on fish to get cleaned you could probably head over to the East Harbor beach that is not to far from there, I bet your son would love it over there.