K Can - 1 ticket Mon 6th PM K Can - 1 ticket Mon 6th PM K Can - 1 ticket Mon 6th PM K Can - 1 ticket Mon 6th PM
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default K Can - 1 ticket Mon 6th PM

Finally got out after wild June. Upon hearing more than one report of close in we decided to try that instead of long run north of W Sister. Set up at K can about 3 in afternoon and trolled towards Crane Creek. Picked two up fairly quickly and then picked at them rest of afternoon on that line. Ended evening with 6 keepers for 2 guys. Started with meat on one side, spoons on other. Everything came on meat. Might have gotten more had we switched to all meat sooner. One ounce in-lines, anywhere from 20 to 40 back. No pattern. Speed 1.6-1.8. 14' to 15' of water for most of them. Nothing big, just nice eaters plus a couple FO sheephead! I expected bite would pick up as we got into evening hours, but worked the other way. Shut down about 6 PM.

Beautiful late afternoon/evening to be out, nice breeze and one foot chop. Had lake mostly to ourselves. And no midges like many have reported...just a few black-flies that swatter took care of! All in all, great way to spend my birthday!

Water clarity wasn't too bad where we were, some said better inside than was further out. Saw a few sticks I wouldn't want to hit. Downer is it was obvious around Crane that algae is coming on...
    Last edited by LEfriend; 07-06-2015 at 10:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job finding them close! I had a person of questionable integrity tell me just before the big blow that he had been doing well at J can. I just dismissed him due to his other fraudulent reports in the past, I just assumed that it was beer talking as he had spent several hours at a local bar before he made that statement/report to me. Anyhow good job on getting some close!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    Good job finding them close! I had a person of questionable integrity tell me just before the big blow that he had been doing well at J can. I just dismissed him due to his other fraudulent reports in the past, I just assumed that it was beer talking as he had spent several hours at a local bar before he made that statement/report to me. Anyhow good job on getting some close!
    Sure glad I got out before this next dang rain and thunderstorm pattern set in. Weather Underground right now predicting 3 inches rain for Port Clinton in next 8 days and rain/frickin thunderstorms every day but one for that time period! Broken record. I sure feel bad for bait shops and campgrounds! We'll have to get out together if these monsoons every break!