First walleye First walleye First walleye First walleye
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: First walleye

Post Thanks / Like

Default First walleye

My wife and I went out of Crane today about a mile SW of west sister we got there about 1pm and around 2pm she hooked into a nice one and it got off right at the hole and I was sick to my stomach but she on the other hand was laughing and full of excitement that she had ahold of her first walleye even though it got off. After about 40 minutes she hooked into another one and I knew right away it was a hawg because her pole was bent over and not budging finally it got to the hole and I reached in and grabbed it and it was huge and she was tickled pink it was her first walleye and now she is hooked on Erie hard water fishing. It measured 31 inches 11 lb 4oz. Caught it on a pink and purple buckshot that she picked out and I laughed at. I guess she got the last laugh cause I didn't catch anything. Lol...
    Attached Images Attached Images First walleye-img_20150305_150533863_hdr-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like

I could see being hooked after that one. WOW!! Great fish, that one will feed the whole family.
    Time to start usin the girlie colors, huh? Dont worry we won't tell.
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Post Thanks / Like

Cool read..... gotta love a fish like that for the first one!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to her on a hell of a fish! Have you already explained to her that it's pretty much all down hill from here?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman86 View Post
    Congrats to her on a hell of a fish! Have you already explained to her that it's pretty much all down hill from here?
    yes and it's gonna be difficult for her to catch em when I steal her pretty lure from her. Lol...

Post Thanks / Like

Great story! Nice eye!
    Captain Greg
    Walleye2go Sportfishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bryan34 View Post
    yes and it's gonna be difficult for her to catch em when I steal her pretty lure from her. Lol...
    I wouldn't introduce her to deer hunting on a farm where you have a 200" deer on your radar. My wife is going to get her first Erie experience in April. I can't wait to get back on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Great story!!! Took my girlfriend out this winter for her first trip and I thought a 28.5 was huge?! Needless to say she is hooked as well. Great pic too.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW ! I'm jealous. Oh.... Nice fish too !