Looking into a shanty Looking into a shanty Looking into a shanty Looking into a shanty
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking into a shanty

I don't want to spend a ton because I work a lot through winter but was wondering about the frabill outposts. They say there's a transport bag included. Is that for dragging across terrain? And are they a pain to set up. I know the flipovers are nice but when I go out sunday it may be the only trip I make.dicks have the frabills on sale for 179. Thanks in advance for any response
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Post Thanks / Like

These days you definitely get what you pay for. I like you work alot and don't get out much however any purchase you make should be considered an investment in yourself. That being said don't break the bank on something you might seldom use however buy good quality equiptment and it last and be ready to go when you are.

Good Luck

Bad day fishing better than good day at work!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah 10-4 on that. I am not one to buy junk and I looked into a bunch of reviews and decided against going cheap. I have one of them clam chairs that will work fine for sunday. I have plenty of cold weather gear and its supposed to be30 degrees, ill just enjoy the outdoors. Maybe find a good price after the season is over. Thanks

150 Mercury 4 stroke

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Frabill one man flip I pull behind my quad.. Very satisfied. Does the job.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive owned 3 Clam Scouts. First one back in the mid 90's, the sled wore a hole thru. Second one was great, but upgraded to the Scout with the black interior and zipper front door. I added runners to it, and have been using it problem free for the last 10 years.

This year, I purchased an Eskimo Quickfish 3. Hub style. This was because the girlfriend was interested. I found it at Glenn's Army/Navy online. $149 with free shipping. Ive used it 3 times on Erie. Once in 30 MPH winds. She held up nicely. Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys but I think I will just hold off this season. Nobody around toledo has any ice fishin gear left in stock. I am gonna save up some dough and get one I really want rather than settle for one. Its too late to get one shipped by sunday. Ill just brave what mother natures got to give. I have a clam high back chair. Its supposed to be 29 or 30 on sunday. Plus, I have a little natural insulation if you know what I mean.

150 Mercury 4 stroke

Post Thanks / Like

www.ReedsSports.com

This place has a ton of stuff for ice fishing. Got an auger cover from them on line. Vary fast service. They have pretty much any shanty you might want to look at.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention. Regardless of what you decide to get buy get the runner kit to protect your investment. Worth every penny. The ice will destroy the bottom of your shelter. Made that mistake once.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbreaker View Post
    www.ReedsSports.com

This place has a ton of stuff for ice fishing. Got an auger cover from them on line. Vary fast service. They have pretty much any shanty you might want to look at.
    Yes they do. Definitely a website to save. Thanks

150 Mercury 4 stroke

Post Thanks / Like

I bought an Otter 650 Lodge (comfortable 3 man). Very good product, excellent sled, double layer fabric. I got mine end of season from Reeds for a great deal. If your always going with 1-2 other guys, don't go large like I did. Didn't take in to consideration all the gear weight. It's fine behind a sled but pulling by hand in snow or slush is a bear. Runner kit is a must!