Looking into a shanty Looking into a shanty Looking into a shanty Looking into a shanty
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I can understand that. I have a snowmobile but no trailer right now. I live close to the ottawa river so I go ridin right from my driveway. I just would likevto have all the neccessities by next winter to be self sufficient to get out to the big water. I don't trust crossin the shipping channel. I can see already I will be keeping a close eye on reedssports for my shanty.2 man would probly be along the lines what I get. I do appreciate the input, guys.
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know what anyone else thinks, but a buddy of mine had a 2 man flip over Clam and switched to a Clam hub style pop up, and says he loves his hub style. Another buddy says the hubs break after a while on them though. The hub style fold up into a bag that fits in the bottom of your Jet sled. His is 8' square set up and about 60" to 70" long in the bag.

Post Thanks / Like

Do not be afraid to buy a shelter. Bucket fishing is rough. Especiallly once you handle a fish or two. It took me alot of seaching to find the shelter I wanted. Set in plenty of before season this year and last year. Purchased a trapper last year. Was great till i got on ice in my bibs and heavy coat. Im 6 ft 4in the trapper was too small. When you are tired from fishing, bending over gets old. This year went bigger. Went with a Tundra WAAYY TOO BIG. I drag mine by hand but the height is what hooked me. Sold it,now im happy with my latest investment. This time a year you could find buyers if you find you dont like the frabill. IMHO Hub shelters are great. Find a kiddie sled or what ever will lighten the load to place it on and off you go with you gear.

Post Thanks / Like

Do they set up the same as a huntingblind. Some of them can be a puzzle to get back together the first few times. I usually fish in my cousins clam flip. It don't really seem like we have a square inch of extra space. Neither one of us are very tall so height isn't an issue. It seems like you may have more maneuverability in the hub style. But with that you also need to add chairs to your load, right?

I never really thought this much into it. I guess I got some homework to do. Hub style would be easier to store, I assume?

How are the stakes to drive in the ice? Tools? Thanks again, with all your replies I read, I am glad I didn't just go buy one without any thought about it.
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Post Thanks / Like

The hubs are easy to store. About the size of a 4 man tent. I also have the Clam Yukon, which has plenty of room for two fishermen. It is tough to pull by hand, but set up and take down is much easier then a hub style.

I was also concerned with the screws/stakes, but it's pretty simple with the ones provided by Eskimo. Definitely recommend 2 guys to set up hub in any type of wind. Otherwise it could easily turn into a tumbleweed pretty quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tim, meet you at Pro Bass today. I MUST SAY UR A STAND UP GUY. my son keep saying we should take one of the 2 hub style blinds I have but the staking issue is why I keep saying "We don't need one we are on a pond with ur truck right there we can go there and get warm plus we won't be in the wide open if it's really windy" He's got me thinking tho. Kick some ass tomorrow. Geary
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav