New Member- trolling questions New Member- trolling questions New Member- trolling questions New Member- trolling questions
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Madd Matt View Post
    PowerPro 30 - HiVis Yellow.

I was talking today with some guys about line. I really like the Power Pro, but I'd love for someone to make a line that will hold color, even in the sunlight and water. The Hi-Vis colors are good for about 3-4 weeks and then they are all faded to white. With color technology the way it is today with clothing, I can't believe that no one can make a Hi-Vis color that will last for at least a single season.

I've tried yellow, blue and green. None of them have lasted.
    I want to first say that almost all of the super lines(braid) are about equal as far as quality goes and the different arguments about which is better is in my opinion a Ford VS Chevy deal, each individual has to make up there own mind which brand suits them. I believe Honeywell Corp. holds the patent on the spectra fibers that most of the popular braids are made from, and the differences are basically how it is braided together to make the finished line.

I am not a fan of Power Pro as I feel it is to flat which allows it to cut into the spooled line on the reel arbor, I have no experience with the Slick 8 Power Pro and so I do not know if I would like it better or not.

As far as color fading I have enclosed a picture of some Hi Vis Yellow Tuf-Line XP which is starting its 5th year this year. I take a small section off each spring and check it for strength by lifting wts until it breaks. This year it broke at 26 lbs and was rated at 30 when new. That is 8 lbs more than the maximum drag that is capable from either my Tekota 300's or my 153D Coldwater reels, so it is heading for another season on the lake. Next year I will turn it end for end and use for another (?)number of years.
    Last edited by wakina; 02-09-2015 at 09:18 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

When trolling cranks do you add a mono or fluorocarbon leader or do you take the braid straight to the lure?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Wagon View Post
    When trolling cranks do you add a mono or fluorocarbon leader or do you take the braid straight to the lure?
    Stick baits behind divers I run a short leader made from Fireline crystal the same length and lb test as used for spoons and my super short crawler harnesses. The deep divers I run no leader just a simple snap with a rounded bottom. I know that goes against the conventional wisdom but it works for me. The inline boards act as shock absorbers on the initial strike and after the board is removed the drag if properly set prevents tear offs, at least that has been my experience. I don't feel that I/we have a larger percentage of losses due to the lack of mono or fluro leaders.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

For early spring, I tie a 6' piece of fluorocarbon on to the braid with a double uni knot. Practice it and become familiar with it and it won't fail.
    Captain Greg
    Walleye2go Sportfishing