Yet another new guy Yet another new guy Yet another new guy Yet another new guy
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yet another new guy

Happy new year to all. My name is Gary and this is my first post since registering last month. I have been fishing Erie for walleyes since the 80's when it was way easy! I am mostly a one style fisherman- casting and drifting a harness. Usually a mayfly type that I make myself. Sometimes I do well. Sometimes not. I need a plan B. That is why I am going to learn to troll with in-lines this year. I hope an old dog can learn new tricks. What I have learned on this forum will be a great start. I am impressed by the willingness everyone has to help and I hope to be able to contribute myself. Stay warm!

Post Thanks / Like

Default welcome

Welcome aboard.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome

Welcome aboard Gary, and yes it's a great site and loads of info. After awhile you'll learn to tighten the wallet. You have decided where you want to start with the inlines. Don't be afraid to ask if you have a question and weigh all the answers.

Gene

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Gary! Which marina do you hail from? A lot of these guys dock at Channel Grove, and west like Turtle creek so there is a lot of water covered here. looking forward to some reports. I myself didn't have a very good year as I didn't get out until the middle of may.... boat problems.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard! Ask as many questions as necessary! You will get some good answers.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Gary!! When you get time give me a call and i will be more than happy to talk small board trolling with you. I am sure i could even get one of my first mates to take you out and show you the best equipment to use and how to use it. 614.327.7144. Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I just registered here and this is my first post also. I will be trying to troll out of turtle creek this year. Hope to see you all on the water soon. For now, come on ice !

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Welcome

Welcome Gary and Walleyeman to the community.walleye.com fishing forums. Hope you visit often and post often. We have some really folks on this site that are willing to take the time to share their knowledge and share the specifics of where the fish are and what is effective in catching them.

Enjoy

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Gary! Snap weights are very productive, I have fished with them quite a bit. Feel free to ask any questions.

Jiggy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome!

Welcome aboard Gary & Walleyeman! First class bunch of guys....and gals on this forum! Look forward to sharing info with you!