perching wed 9-3 perching wed 9-3 perching wed 9-3 perching wed 9-3
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default perching wed 9-3

fished in front of stoney point only caught a few moved to Fermi nothing, moved west of sputnik again only a few, moved to east of sputnik marked a lot, first the action was very slow just picking at them, then the action started to pick up but tons of small perch and the occasional keeper. Caught well over 100 fish but only kept 70 for three of us, 1 catfish, 1 21 inch smallmouth bass, and a few sheepheads. Been tough this year times I mark lots but won't bite, have yet to catch my limit of nice perch, I have used everything from skipper nine, to rigs with lots of bling, flies on the hooks, beads, man just not biting. Frustrating year.

Has anyone tried shrimp? friend of mine said he catches 3 to every one that others catch with green emeralds.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been having the same results. Mark all kinds of fish but mostly catch small perch. I have fished the entire area from Crane Creek to B can, west to the turn around bouy to Michigan line up to Turtle Island and off little Cedar Point. Best results have been along shipping channel at bouy 18 with the gravel pit a close 2nd.

Post Thanks / Like

where is buoy 18? is that the line of channel markers that go from sputnik to Toledo? I don't want to sound like I'm complaining and its great to catch small perch cuz that means that there are a lot for the next few years to come. I would like to catch a batch of 8 plus inchers and be done every now and then early. I had a real hit and miss with walleyes this year also, 1 day catch a limit of real big ones and the next catch nothing.

Lake erie is being a fickle lady this year. Trying to woo her isn't working all that well with me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wed

Son and I fished 2 mile north of B can was slow so we moved to about 3 miles north. Started slow but it picked up. Many many small perch. Got our 60 but took 6 hours. 1 sheephead, 1 white bass, just a few white perch. Pretty much down and up. went through 5 scoops and many of them pinched in half. Sounds like it is like this all over the western basin. Hope this is a sign of good things to come.

Post Thanks / Like

We fished around C Can 9/3 and though the bite was good, the perch were small. Of appx 90 fish only had a handful of keepers..

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE

Lake erie is being a fickle lady this year. Trying to woo her isn't working all that well with me.[/QUOTE]

Same as at home...

Post Thanks / Like

LEfriend thought I already said that. If lake erie was my wife it wouldn't be so difficult. She's a great lady and more than reasonable! Where do you find a wife who buys you a boat on her birthday and lets me go or goes with me fishing quite a bit.

Anyways won't stop trying to find Eries bounty on the western end! How's anyone doing near west sister?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trollingfool View Post
    LEfriend thought I already said that. If lake erie was my wife it wouldn't be so difficult. She's a great lady and more than reasonable! Where do you find a wife who buys you a boat on her birthday and lets me go or goes with me fishing quite a bit.

Anyways won't stop trying to find Eries bounty on the western end! How's anyone doing near west sister?
    Yea you did. I was just quoting part of your post, and in jest. I too am lucky enough to have a wife who never complains about my fishing or my boat! After 41 years, think I'll keep her....

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Yea LEfriend I was very lucky, Just ready to catch some good size perch for a limit would be nice

Post Thanks / Like

Way my summer work and the weather timing has gone, I would just settle for getting out and catching a limit of any size....