Need Info on Western Basin Perch... Need Info on Western Basin Perch... Need Info on Western Basin Perch... Need Info on Western Basin Perch...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Need Info on Western Basin Perch...

First year with boat last year ('77 24' Sea Ray Weekender) - enjoyed thoroughly, but fishing excursions dismal. My wife claims my perch ended up being $300.00/lb. She's probably not too far off. Going to try to attempt again this weekend - first time fishing this year and want to at least give it a shot with info anybody can give me. Anyone have ANY luck catching perch in the western basin of Lake Erie?? Dock at Rossford Marina - I'll being coming down the Maumee River to get to the lake. Prefer not to travel out to islands - Trying not to spend hours getting somewhere to reel some in, if possible. Thanks for info.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm heading out tomorrow as well out of anchor point. I usually do pretty decent at buoy 13 which is the 2nd set of buoys east of the Toledo harbor light. I usually fish the east side of the channel. Also hear the gravel pit has been doing decent.

Post Thanks / Like

Please let me know how you did, and where you were at - I'm going out Sat or Sunday, it'll give me a place to start. Also like to know what the algae is like. Thanks for ANY info and good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I fished tonight - Wednesday. Went to the north side of B can. Moved 3 times and had 4 perch in the box. Caught a lot of small fish and threw them back. Went to gravel pit area on south side and did a little better but not by much. Still a lot of small fish and sheephead. The screen was full of fish in both areas but we could not get them to bite. The few we ended up with were full of minnows and dark slim I am assuming was mud larva off the bottom..

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone been having any luck near the intake or little cedar point? Those 2 spots are normally pretty good this time of year. I usually fish every weekend but haven't been out in 6-7 weeks do to work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walleyerunner1 View Post
    Has anyone been having any luck near the intake or little cedar point? Those 2 spots are normally pretty good this time of year. I usually fish every weekend but haven't been out in 6-7 weeks do to work.
    Friend of mine was out 8/27 about half mile northeast of Wsister got their 60, 18lbs at cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

There's been a lot of perch being caught in the bay area around8-10 ft of water. You may want to stop out of the river near the radar bouy before you waste a lot of gas. The perch I've been getting are very nice in size although you have to sort through some junk. Its been hard to fish two rigs. Give it a try you will see plenty of boats. Last weekend there were guys anchored right at the mouth of the ottawa river, no b.s. I saw them. I just have a bass boat so its been worthwhile for me trying in close rather than taking water over the bow. Good luck
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to the local point place bait and fish cleaners every day this week and they have had plenty of yellows to clean.
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker