What is going on in westren basin??? What is going on in westren basin??? What is going on in westren basin??? What is going on in westren basin???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is going on in westren basin???

Thurs morn left out of anchor Point headed towards A can hit 21 FOW and set up and trolled out passed A can, saw a good size pack that was perching about 1 mi. ? North of a can we had minnows with us but didnt see any action so we kept trolling north then made a big turn to S.W, got about 3 Mi.SE of westsister and picked up and headed towawd intake thinking the perch might be in close, slowed down several times to check sonar NOTHING again not even junk fish. I figure we trolled 18 miles or so and got 1 white perch. I would like to know if anyone was doing any good in that pack by A can? Any feedback would be great. Sure hope other folks did better.
    Thanks John aboard the Tinkertoy

Post Thanks / Like

I've been fishing between the intake and crane creek and doing ok (8 - 15 a trip) casting on walleye until this past week. The fish are there - between 3 - 5 miles out in 21 - 24 ft of water. Just cannot get them to bite. I'm going for perch on Sunday. Heard bouy #13 along channel has had a few good days.

Post Thanks / Like

Went for perch today. Started 2 miles NE of intake and had a slow bite going. Headed to the gravel pit and an even slower bite. Went out to turn around bouy and caught 2 perch. Came back in to NE of intake. Ended day with 27 nice perch - all over 8 inches. Had about 50 white perch and about 50 smaller perch that we thew back. Algae was thick on the water between gravel pit and the turn around bouy.