electric knives electric knives electric knives electric knives
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: electric knives

Post Thanks / Like

Default Decisions......decisions

You guys are killing me! Just when I thought I made a decision you guys are making me second guess. Ugh! I don't mind paying the money for a quality knife but some of you are making some good arguments for the B&D. I would at least have to buy it somewhere besides Walmart.....I despise their practices.
    Last edited by Eyezcrazy; 07-10-2014 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    You guys are killing me! Just when I thought I made a decision you guys are making me second guess. Ugh! I don't mind paying the money for a quality knife but some of you are making some good arguments for the B&D. I would at least have to buy it somewhere besides Walmart.....I despise their practices.
    I will check with Cutcher this weekend and let you all know what knife he is using. It looked like a regular electric kitchen knife for carving hams, turkeys and standing rib roasts. Like I said I cannot imagine him using anything that is not reliable and durable. I think the B&D knives are also available at Meijer in Sandusky.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by penalty box View Post
    I had an American angler it was great lasted about 6 years then burned up, I purchased another one and it didn't have the power like the first one I purchased, it now sits in a bucket. It wasn't the same exact model.
    I have 4 American Angler electric knives and I haven't wore out any of them. The first one I bought about 10 years ago and it still works fine. When you clean them you need to keep water out of the inside of the knife motor. I use a rag w/ rubbing alcohol to clean the knife. My fishing buddies have gone through several Mister Twister knives they only last about 2 years.

The American Angler knife has the shark blade which goes through a walleye like a hot knife in butter. The blade is very thin and has hardly no drag when going through a walleye.

DON'T BUY A RECHARGEABLE!!! I bought an American Angler rechargeable and it was a total piece of $hit. It had no power and I couldn't even fillet 2 walleye before it went dead. I got so pissed off because it was the only knife I had with me, the rest of my knives were @ home. I slammed the POS into the concrete @ my marina and it busted into a couple hundred pieces. It felt so good to do that but there went $56 I would have gotten if I took it back for a refund.

Post Thanks / Like

Cutcher's uses a regular $15 Black & Decker electric kitchen knife from Wal-Mart. I've watched him clean walleye with it several times. He keeps several new ones on his shelf and says after a few thousand fish if one breaks or gets dull he just tosses it in the trash and breaks out a new one. He dips the blades in water between 3 or 4 fish.

American Angler used to have a model that was labeled "MT" which stands for metal transmission. I still have a couple of them and have clean lots of fish with them. They were way more durable than the newer ones that have plastic gears. When these stop cutting I will just by a couple of the B&D Wally World specials.
    Last edited by ReelTime; 07-13-2014 at 10:44 AM.
    "ReelTime"
    Kencraft Challenger 215

Post Thanks / Like

When is someone going to come out with a good electric knife. I'd pay 150.00 if you could fill et fish with it for 10+ years. I have also burnt up piranhas. Mr. Twisters. Rapala. Rapala lithium battery style..Etc ..sad there isn't a professional model out on the market.

Post Thanks / Like

Boss it's by 10 of the $15 Black & Deckers. I'm sure they will last at least a year each. Do the math...
    "ReelTime"
    Kencraft Challenger 215

Post Thanks / Like

ReelTime,

I get it, just surprising that you can buy everything else in this world from low end to high end, but in electric fillet knives there are only low end.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like the b&d are a no brainer

Post Thanks / Like

hey I started fishing Bula with Larry and we got a lot of big eyes over the weekend, My HD rapala knife was left in huron so we purchased a B&D for $12.00 at Walmart, It got the job done but really struggled on fish over 25 inches, you could feel the blades flexing and the knife got hot. The HD I purchased for 49 bucks on sale regular price 59 bucks performed 3 times faster than the B&D on larger fish and didn't get warm. We had a few walleyes in the 22 inch range and the B&d worked ok. If your not in a hurry to clean fish and don't use it a lot the B&D is a great option. I personally would buy the HD rapalla. The regular rapalla model that comes in the deluxe kit for 79 works no better than the B&D knife.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.navytimes.com/article/201...odels-compared

Check out this article I found. Its a fairly comprehensive comparison