Tru trip 40s Tru trip 40s Tru trip 40s Tru trip 40s
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tru trip 40s

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tru trip 40s

Looking to start running tt40s. Any suggestions as to boards or set ups that work best or should I say best for you. Thanks in advance all you pros out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigginfool View Post
    Looking to start running tt40s. Any suggestions as to boards or set ups that work best or should I say best for you. Thanks in advance all you pros out there.
    I have been pulling the TT-40 with the Church Tackle TX-22 boards 3 years and can say they will get the job done. Remember that each diver whether it is an inline wt, jet diver, TT-30, TT-40 or the TT-50 will all pull different in regards to each other. To me so long as the devise gets the job done I am happy.

The boards will lag back more with the TT-40 than with a regular jet 40 diver but that should be expected since they do pull harder and they dive deeper sooner. I cannot speak for or about the Offshore brand of boards as I have never used them on a regular basis nor have I ever owned them. I have been told that they do not perform well with the TT-40 deep diver but like I said I have no experience using them on an ongoing or regular basis. Maybe someone will chime in on the Offshore boards with TT-40 divers who use them or have tried to use the Offshore boards with TT-40 divers.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Church tx22

Wakina told me about the Church TX22 boards 3 years ago and I have been using them ever since. I pull TT40's and love the setup. I like that the rear pin runs right through the back of the board and is easier to pin the line to the board and release it when you have a fish on as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Default tt40

we pull tt40 behind off shores they pull hard but the board can handle them at 2-2.2 mph any faster then i dont know

Post Thanks / Like

Default TX 22 and TT30

I went to the TT 30's and TX 22 boards, the 30's don't pull as hard as the 40's behind those boards.

Post Thanks / Like

I pull TT 40's behind offshore boards and they do just fine. Definitely tugs the back end down, but its kind of like putting an extra split shot on your slip bobber with it being a little more loaded.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
    I pull TT 40's behind offshore boards and they do just fine. Definitely tugs the back end down, but its kind of like putting an extra split shot on your slip bobber with it being a little more loaded.
    That sounds like the TX-22 boards as they also squat in the back. Once that TT-40 trips the board comes back up level with a small fish on. It is a dead giveaway that you have been hit or are towing a small fish and that makes reading the boards easier. That squatting in the rear is probably what the guys that claim the OffShore Boards don't work well with TT-40s are referring to.

Earlier this year I had initially set a new TT-40 to tight and it did not trip as intended, my grand son noticed that the board that it was attached to was about a foot behind the other 3 boards in the spread, I had him check it and it had a white bass about 6" long hooked up on the spoon! Walleye boards also will handle the TT-40s but lag behind some if the counter wt. is not set just right.
    Last edited by wakina; 06-03-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip