Saturday 5/25 – Saturday 6/1
Took Thurs 5/29 off due to the wind/waves

My father and mother fished off our boat the La Cory II pulling dipseys 15-20 foot down. Hellmut colored spoons worked the best for them.

I ran the Buck-Eye with 2-6 friends aboard at different times all week. We pulled big boards with standard 40 jets.

We fished all week about a mile – mile and a half due west of mouse island shoal away from the crowd. We never changed our leads from 35-55 back. It seemed when I slowed the speed down in the 1.8 mph range, we picked more trash fish than walleye. Bumped it to 2.3-2.5mph and it slowed the trash bite and the walleyes picked up. Spoon color didn’t matter. They eat everything we hooked on. Tuesday was a good day out as school of larger fish seemed to pass through. We had our 18 fish limit weigh 76lbs at the cleaner. The fish were much smaller Saturday and Sunday. We had 6 and 7 man crews with our boat limits of 36 and 42 fish going 104 and 102 lbs respectively, ending the week with a total of 634lbs of live weight fish.

It was an absolute riot to be able to spend the week fishing with friends alongside the parents. Lake Erie is offering up her bounty this year!