Finish on mich spoons Finish on mich spoons Finish on mich spoons Finish on mich spoons
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Finish on mich spoons

Anyone having issues with the finish/paint coming off Stinger Spoons? I had it happen to 5 last year and while trolling this weekend I lost the finish off 2 more??

Post Thanks / Like

Recent issues, no, but have in the past. I have refused to buy any stinger scorpions since then and will continue to avoid them until I am convinced the paint problems are resolved. If they can resolve that issue then they would have one of Erie's finest spoons.

In all fairness I do have a dozen or so that I have had for several years and still use to fish with. If the bad ones could be made into a spoon that holds paint for half as long as my good ones I would purchase them again.

I look at the situation like this, if I purchase 10 spoons and one loses its paint in one outing then the others have cost me 10% more. To me, it is a cost thing versus a quality thing. I purchase spoons to use and not spend time in transit to and from the manufacturer for repair. This is still an ongoing issue that has had more than enough time to have been resolved but has not been, at least not yet.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Default contact stinger

They will replace the ones that lose paint free of charge . The bad ones will need to be sent back to them to do so .

Dale
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead315 View Post
    They will replace the ones that lose paint free of charge . The bad ones will need to be sent back to them to do so .

Dale
    That is the point that I was trying to make in my previous post! It is long past the time to still be sending them back since they have been aware of the problem for several years and have failed to fix the problem. Replacing the spoon is not the answer as they need a permanent resolution to the problem, and especially if you are up here for a week long fishing vacation and lose the use of that spoon for all or part of that vacation.

As stated by me before I will buy a different brand rather than have to send that spoon back! Being able to send it back, although commendable, does not change the fact that I no longer have that $4.00 spoon to use while it is in the process of being replaced. Nor does it change the fact that the spoon losing its paint while on the water has rendered that $4.00 spoon useless or almost useless for the remainder of the day, weekend or week, as it still has to be returned to receive reimbursement/replacement for the poor paint adherence. The problem seems to be that the loss of paint is indiscriminate and can happen to any one of the colors/patterns in their product line, although it seems to affect the silver/nickel spoons more than the others. I am no longer willing to roll the dice to find out if I have purchased a good one or bad one since there are suitable replacements from a variety of manufacturers that don't shed their paint.

I still feel that if they ever get the problem solved, their spoons would be one of the finest walleye spoons on lake Erie. I do believe that they have made a lot of improvements to the paint adherence but there is a large amount of improvement yet to be made.

Disclaimer This post is only my personal opinion and should not be used to base your decision to buy or not to buy ! Every one should use their own judgment and experience as to whether or not they should make the purchase.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

I still have some scorpion spoons that I bought a long time ago but don't use them much anymore. I now get all my spoons from galeforcetackle.com and have never had a paint problem. and they do catch just as many fish as stingers. and they are much cheaper. good luck.
    sherman